Tigers at Twins

Game 35

16-18

Remember him?

6WCH143.jpg
Bill Roman

Years with Detroit: 1964-65

Tigers highlights: Hit a homer in his first big league at bat

You may remember him from: Knoxville Smokies, sharing a birthday with Dimitri Young

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

bill.jpg

The next three series are probably going to be a difficult stretch. (Minnesota/Houston/Oakland) I think the joy of hanging around .500 is about to disappear. If the Tigers win four games through this stretch they’ll be fortunate.

LooseGoose picked a good time to hit the road.

I remember those atrocious skids of recent memory when a star-studded lineup reeled off 13 losses in 16 games.  I can’t help but think a streak like that is highly probable for this team this year.

The fact that they haven’t done it yet is miraculous. Who knows, maybe they’ll go .500 on this trip.  When the no names come through this team wins. If that happens and the guys you really depend upon don’t suck it might turn out better than we think. 

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I can’t help but think a streak like that is highly probable for this team this year.

well, Norris can keep you in a game. Turnbull and Boyd can win you one - the other two spots are just disaster waiting to happen each time through the rotation. If either or both of Boyd & Turnbull slump at all it will be instant losing streak for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Tigers at Twins

Game 35

16-18

Remember him?

6WCH143.jpg
Bill Roman

Years with Detroit: 1964-65

Tigers highlights: Hit a homer in his first big league at bat

You may remember him from: Knoxville Smokies, sharing a birthday with Dimitri Young

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

bill.jpg

His major league debut was a PH HR off of Jim Bouton.  That ain't a bad day.

You know those hubcaps that Messala has on his chariot?  I have those on my Honda Accord now.  They look awesome.

The Tigers have placed right-hander Drew VerHagen on outright waivers,

Nick Ramirez called up from Toledo. Fills the last slot in the 40 man.

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

Now you're just making names up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

More BP arms for when we're getting hammered. Use and abuse him and call up the next one in line. I feel sorry for some of these disposable fellas.

44 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Now you're just making names up.

Nick Ramirez unconditionally released, Heinie Szymanski called up from Class D Deming Durangos. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I.P. Daley called up from Yellow River.

I.P. Knightley released to make room for him.

Right now I’m watching the Angels versus the Orioles, and I don’t tend to watch other team’s broadcasts so I don’t have a good sample size to make a judgment , but the Orioles announcers are spectacular especially in relation to our own. Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer are Gods walking the Earth amidst mortals compared to our own TV broadcasting crew.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pretty good compared to everyone else. 

22 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Right now I’m watching the Angels versus the Orioles, and I don’t tend to watch other team’s broadcasts so I don’t have a good sample size to make a judgment , but the Orioles announcers are spectacular especially in relation to our own. Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer are Gods walking the Earth amidst mortals compared to our own TV broadcasting crew.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pretty good compared to everyone else. 

How on earth could Matt Shepard rate as high as he does?  Are there really that many people other than he that are less able? Are the others speaking Esperanto or wearing beanies with propellers on them? 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

How on earth could Matt Shepherd rate as high as he does?  Are there really that many people other than he that are less able? Are the others speaking Esperanto or wearing beanies with propellers on them? 

It's just one guy's opinion, and probably based on a small sample. 

And when you look this creepy.... 

-uRtVg5d_400x400.png

10 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

How on earth could Matt Shepard rate as high as he does?  Are there really that many people other than he that are less able? Are the others speaking Esperanto or wearing beanies with propellers on them? 

It's interesting he's 23rd with Gibby but 33rd with Morris. Gibby carrying him or Morris arrogance bringing him down?

Of course, it's just some strangers opinion.