Keepleyland2

5/8 @7:10 Los Angeles Angels vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, holygoat said:

Angels Stadium is probably the most boring, nondescript baseball stadium in the majors. The view, like the stadium itself, is neither beautiful nor ugly, engaging nor off-putting: it's just... there. The Big "A" is like the stadium you'd see in a baseball video game that wasn't licensed by MLB.

I live 30 minutes from Angels stadium and an hour from Dodger Stadium. When I want to see a baseball game, I drive 2 hours to San Diego. 

You'd think an area with so much money and so heavy populated you could build a nice baseball stadium. Dodger Stadium is particularly awful and outdated. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I live 30 minutes from Angels stadium and an hour from Dodger Stadium. When I want to see a baseball game, I drive 2 hours to San Diego. 

You'd think an area with so much money and so heavy populated you could build a nice baseball stadium. Dodger Stadium is particularly awful and outdated. 

Isn't Dodger stadium the oldest park in the majors other than Wrigley and Fenway?

This might just be nostalgia talking, but I really liked Dodger Stadium. Yeah, it IS outdated, and I don't care. It feels special being there. I will say that Kaufman Stadium is a great, updated take on Dodger Stadium, even though it's pretty old now, too. 

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Isn't Dodger stadium the oldest park in the majors other than Wrigley and Fenway?

Probably. The problem is, it's not old enough to have that nostalgic feel. I loved Wrigley and Fenway for those reasons. I think Dodger Stadium was built in the 60's. A terrible era for stadiums. 

I know you can't really have a stadium facing west, but damn if that wouldn't be a beautiful view from their location. 

image.thumb.png.dac6a9f5b76ab813495aa6e3f8b5b23c.png

5 minutes ago, holygoat said:

This might just be nostalgia talking, but I really liked Dodger Stadium. Yeah, it IS outdated, and I don't care. It feels special being there. I will say that Kaufman Stadium is a great, updated take on Dodger Stadium, even though it's pretty old now, too. 

I just couldn't get into it. The food was terrible as well. That may have played a big part in it. 

7 hours ago, holygoat said:

Angels Stadium is probably the most boring, nondescript baseball stadium in the majors. The view, like the stadium itself, is neither beautiful nor ugly, engaging nor off-putting: it's just... there. The Big "A" is like the stadium you'd see in a baseball video game that wasn't licensed by MLB.

There was chatter awhile ago of their lease being up with Anaheim, and the Angels threatening to build a new stadium down in Tustin. Never knew if I loved the idea or not, but it was an interesting proposition.

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Probably. The problem is, it's not old enough to have that nostalgic feel. I loved Wrigley and Fenway for those reasons. I think Dodger Stadium was built in the 60's. A terrible era for stadiums. 

I know you can't really have a stadium facing west, but damn if that wouldn't be a beautiful view from their location. 

image.thumb.png.dac6a9f5b76ab813495aa6e3f8b5b23c.png

Of course, that skyline wasn't there when they built the ballpark.

One of the rare people that has never been to LA, didn't realize Dodgers Stadium was that close to downtown, for some reason I always thought it was kinda on the outskirts.  

27 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

One of the rare people that has never been to LA, didn't realize Dodgers Stadium was that close to downtown, for some reason I always thought it was kinda on the outskirts.  

It's both. Downtown kind of butts up against the hills. The stadium is about 200 feet above downtown, though it's hard to tell there. 

4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

It's both. Downtown kind of butts up against the hills. The stadium is about 200 feet above downtown, though it's hard to tell there. 

Yeah - Apparently it's a California thing to call an upland a ravine.....:P

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Well there's also a baseball team called The The Angels Angels, so go figure. 

53 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I believe that they substantially filled in the ravine when building the stadium. 

12 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Same here. When we moved to Pasadena, I was surprised how close we were to both the stadium and downtown LA.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:56 PM, Yoda said:

THANK you. My buddy, who definitely roots for baseball from a romantic heart, is in love with Dodger Stadium because of its history and aura. But it’s everything Yoda says: a cavernous dump that’s hard to get to, has bad sight lines especially upstairs, and has the most expensive food and drink options of any big league stadium by a long shot.

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

THANK you. My buddy, who definitely roots for baseball from a romantic heart, is in love with Dodger Stadium because of its history and aura. But it’s everything Yoda says: a cavernous dump that’s hard to get to, has bad sight lines especially upstairs, and has the most expensive food and drink options of any big league stadium by a long shot.

Better than wrigley tho

21 hours ago, Shelton said:

Better than wrigley tho

While Wrigley is in many ways worse than it once was, this is truly false. :grin: 

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

While Wrigley is in many ways worse than it once was, this is truly false. :grin: 

Nah wrigley sucks