DumberAndLeaner

So what's up with Christin Stewart?

I get it now...So, why are they sending all the disabled players to Illinois?

2 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

I'm sure it will be timely and well-placed.

Do you think Omar Infante was ever called Mr. I?

Yes, by his butler.   

2 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I always thought that your player projections were some of the best material anyone posted. And you really stopped doing that just out of concern that someone might get butt-hurt over  bandwidth? That's a shame.

I just suspected you were not going to bother because the organization currently has no focus on winning, so measuring mediocrity would seem anticlimactic.

Oh, get over it. How long are you going to whine about this? 

Also, bandwidth and creating clutter are not the same thing. 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:13 PM, Yoda said:

Oh, get over it. How long are you going to whine about this? 

As long as I think is necessary, .....got it?

More likely as long as you keep getting attention.  

16 hours ago, tiger337 said:

More likely as long as you keep getting attention.  

No, that  really is  a misguided assessment.  

Go back and look at my start date in this forum and compare it to the total number of threads I have started since. I don't think that my rate of  "new thread creation" exceeds most of the membership here.

But  I do "get it" ....some here simply do not want to have to sort through any threads that they personally have no interest in. So any and all threads that do not  pr.ick their interest. is one thread too many. And the insulting graphics and passive/aggressive bullying techniques are just their M.O.  So sorry if they have to turn to page two to find that thread that  they were following.....etc

Controlling personality disorder, in other words. 

I guess that I'd better brace myself for another visit from "John Wick" huh?  LOL

On 5/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, kdog said:

No they need Brandon Dixon and Harold Castro to get at-bats.

Brandon Dixons  home run production this season is twice that of Miguel Cabrera, and I don't think he even drinks

16 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Creating threads is a bit narcissistic.  

(I should know)

You know, I really had to fight hard to keep from using that word to describe the type of people who object to having to sift through other people's "clutter" in order to find the threads they are interested in. I didn't want to be insulting...unnecessarily, so I refrained.

I touched on this earlier but there seems to be an obsession of sorts among a group of people  at this site to simply  insult anyone they disagree with.  Pretty adolescent actually.  Goes a long way towards revealing that sarcasm and snark are NOT indicative of intellect.

Jesus christ... start a blog if you need complete control over it. 

• Like 1

Dumb and Lean is just here to talk Tigers baseball with his homies.  

• Like 1

Nothing really to see here anymore.  You can find me in the “Is Miguel Cabrera drinking again?” thread.

AD525038-0AD6-4E90-B6E1-918C68792FEC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Nothing really to see here anymore.  You can find me in the “Is Miguel Cabrera drinking again?” thread.

TD knows a real story when he sees one. 

On 5/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, tiger337 said:

Dumb and Lean is just here to talk Tigers baseball with his homies.  

Well, it started out that way......

11 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Well, it started out that way......

It started out with a kiss. 

Stewart is 4 for his last 7 to bump is batting average from .178 to .206, so there's probably no need to worry about him anymore.  

5 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Stewart is 4 for his last 7 to bump is batting average from .178 to .206, so there's probably no need to worry about him anymore.  

To be fair, he’s still a rookie. He did just miss 16 games due to injury, and his 830 OPS prior to the injury was pretty good. 

I don’t think it’s worth worrying too much about him during this season. But the last four games are certainly better than previous nine. That’s something at least. 

That said, he’s probably not much of a thing. 

I think he struggled at AA and AAA in the beginning also. I think he will "make it' but how much impact is for more knowledgeable evaluators. 

1 hour ago, socaltiger said:

I think he struggled at AA and AAA in the beginning also. I think he will "make it' but how much impact is for more knowledgeable evaluators. 

Actually, April and May were his strongest months at both AA and AAA. He wasn't terrible after that, except in September at AA,  just not as good as in the first two months.

21 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Actually, April and May were his strongest months at both AA and AAA. He wasn't terrible after that, except in September at AA,  just not as good as in the first two months.

I guess I was wrong. Now I am worried about him...

8 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

I had high hopes  for him, hence my original question.   I think he can develop into a productive player. This team is so bad that finding anything to be encouraged about is a rare treat.

He needs to hit hr's. That's about it. Looks like he'll always be a low .200 hitter. 

18 minutes ago, Champ79' said:

He needs to hit hr's. That's about it. Looks like he'll always be a low .200 hitter. 

Everyone looks like they'll always be a .200 hitter when they're hitting .200 in May.