DumberAndLeaner

So what's up with Christin Stewart?

13 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Always double down

This is the modern American attitude on a personal take.  The Internet and cable TV have been big if not primary influencers in this shift.

11 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

a..His injury was worse than initially reported

b. The  initial  10 day IL assignment did not provide adequate time for his injury to heal, so a second stint is in order

c. The IL is being used  to expand the active roster

d. His drinking problem is worse than Miguel's

e. other?

All were possibilities that I would have been interested to hear. The only thing I knew for sure is that he had been  placed on the 10 day IL 16 days prior, and had just been placed on the 10 day IL  once again. That might suggest something out of the ordinary  might be going on.

The bigger question is why did he allow himself to get injured in the first place.

I am surprised the Tigers have not been in council with you about how to handle Stewart after initially placing him on the IL.  It seems a missed opportunity.

I remember when I learned that players stay on the IL (then, the DL) longer than the nominal name of the list.

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I remember when I learned that players stay on the IL (then, the DL) longer than the nominal name of the list.

Right. 10 days is the minimum not a maximum, just like the speed limit.

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Always double down

maxresdefault.jpg

Christin Stewart is back in Detroit...likely to be activated tomorrow. Remove the tinfoil hats.

Previous news was from Hackosky and it was wrong of course...this is the correct Stewart news:

Christin Stewart just checking in here in Detroit. He's going back to Florida and will join the Tigers in Minnesota this weekend.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, bobrob2004 said:

.  For example, when I did my preseason predictions, I created a new thread fro each player.  I didn't do that here because I would have flooded the board.  

I always thought that your player projections were some of the best material anyone posted. And you really stopped doing that just out of concern that someone might get butt-hurt over  bandwidth? That's a shame.

I just suspected you were not going to bother because the organization currently has no focus on winning, so measuring mediocrity would seem anticlimactic.

8 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I always thought that your player projections were some of the best material anyone posted. And you really stopped doing that just out of concern that someone might get butt-hurt over  bandwidth? That's a shame.

I just suspected you were not going to bother because the organization currently has no focus on winning, so measuring mediocrity wouls seem anticlimactic.

He did do it here.  He put them all in the same thread.  

I recall  that when I first started posting here, SEVERAL regulars convinced themselves that I was some villain reincarnated from this boards past, come back to torment you. SO obviously the concept of "subterfuge" is not all that foreign to the local mindset?

I guess there are many who are willing to drink the kool aid and accept everything at face value.  I've never been that way, never underestimate anyone's will to deceive

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

He did do it here.  He put them all in the same thread.  

Well see? If he had started a Christen Stewart thread, I could have put this post in it and not upset anyone. 👺

27 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Well see? If he had started a Christen Stewart thread, I could have put this post in it and not upset anyone. 👺

Alternatively, you could just accept that the place you're posting at here does things differently than the place you used to post at, stop bitching about it, and move on.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Thank you, and I didn't stop doing them.  This year's is all in one thread.  

On 5/6/2019 at 10:03 PM, tiger337 said:

Did he get an MRI?  

What in the world does this have to do with the late Mr Illich?

6 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

What in the world does this have to do with the late Mr Illich?

It was a joke that goes a few years back.  What does Illich have to do with this thread.  Or maybe you just told an old joke too?  

Since when do player on IL rehabbing in FL come to Detroit to "check in" only to return to FL? It's not like he was coming up here to see Dr.James Andrews or something. I think an explanation is warranted. Maybe that'll get asked postgame on TV but none of us are watching...

1 minute ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

My joke was fresh.

I'll use it in a few years,  

At least Stewart's not on the IL rehabbing in the IL.  There are 676 possible two letter combinations in the English language. Why did they have to choose IL? In baseball, IL was already taken. Already used.

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

I'll use it in a few years,  

I'm sure it will be timely and well-placed.

Do you think Omar Infante was ever called Mr. I?