DumberAndLeaner

So what's up with Christin Stewart?

27 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

My pet theory on this is that people use interact through a phone find more threads to be more invconvenient to manage.

Thanks to you, however, for at least making sense of an aspect of this board that made very little sense (to me) prior. Your explanation is plausible.  I had started to wonder if there  was an "independent thought envy" thing going on here..

9 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Thanks to you, however, for at least making sense of an aspect of this board that made very little sense (to me) prior. Your explanation is plausible.  I had started to wonder if there  was an "independent thought envy" thing going on here..

Everybody here is capable of independent thought, but not every independent thought is worthy of a new thread.   

I think new threads are OK, but maybe make them broad enough, so that they can be used for more than just one question.  Perhaps we can have an IL thread where we update the status of everyone on the IL.  

8 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Everybody here is capable of independent thought, but not every independent thought is worthy of a new thread.   

Or more likely, some people here have a low tolerance to thought not in tune with their personal preferences?.

It's that "does not interact well with others" aspect that's been with them like forever and is not getting any better?

I think that the "hey having to scroll down with this tiny screen is more trouble than I think I should have to endure"  explanation is the most likely explanation. Otherwise simply ignoring threads that do not interest you is quite easy.

22 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Or more likely, some people here have a low tolerance to thought not in tune with their personal preferences?.

I

Well, if everyone posted all of their own independent thoughts, we would have thousands of threads.  I actually think there could be more threads though.  Just as annoying as having to weed through threads is trying to find a topic that was introduced a couple of days ago and you can't remember which game thread it was in or if it was even in a game thread.  I like the prospect thread because it makes it easy to find updates on prospects.  I would not like to have a separate thread for every thought about each prospect though.  

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I'm in the middle on it.   A new thread for every little thing is annoying but at times so is complaining about too many threads.  On other boards that I like the # is kept in check by having threads with seasons/players as the topic then anything interesting you find on that subject can be dropped into the appropriate thread.  Makes it easy to follow along.

This board can come off as a bit cranky at times but it's really not exceptionally bad, just that it's mostly older men who naturally tend to be cranky.

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

This board can come off as a bit cranky at times but it's really not exceptionally bad, just that it's mostly older men who naturally tend to be cranky.

I suppose that I'll put up with it as long as I can,  and then I'll either have to move on or become one of the cranks...LOL, so much to look forward to.

31 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I suppose that I'll put up with it as long as I can,  and then I'll either have to move on or become one of the cranks...LOL, so much to look forward to.

You're already old.  Anybody who loves Billy Martin is old.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

True, I start collecting my social security this November,  but I'm depending on you guys to make me "cranky"...

Guyz what’s UP with Casey Mize?? Throws a no hitter and hasn’t been called up yet?!?

some potential sUBtERfUGEE going on?!???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember years ago when a few people got bent out of shape when somebody started a new thread without checking a thread unrelated to their topic in which what they were interested in had already been discussed.

Or demanding that every single possible discussion during the off-season be in the “off-season thread.“

I always thought that was a lame expectation. 

Just as an aside too, we don’t have to let our discussions devolve into a Cub Scout virility rite of establishing dominance over others and taking them down with snarky remarks just because nobody’s close enough to punch us in the face. 

Oh heck I just did it. My bad. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

WTF is up with Franklin Perez?   That's the question I want answered....

He threw 60 pitches in a simulated game today I think.

• Like 1

Stewart could return this week

Tigers outfielder Christin Stewart, who is on the 10-day injured list with a right quad strain, went 1-for-2 with a walk in his second rehab game for Class A Advanced Lakeland on Saturday. The plan, according to Gardenhire, is for Stewart, the club's No. 8 prospect, to play five or six games before a potential return. That would put him on track for later this week against the Angels or next weekend against the Twins.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-promote-eduardo-jimenez-from-triple-a

My favorite threads are the ones that devolve into meta commentary about whether the thread should have been started in the first place, so this has become a great thread. 

A thread discussing christin stewart’s Injury progress is fine. I think the initial reaction had more to do with the content of the first post and the implication that something fishy was going on. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Shelton said:

My favorite threads are the ones that devolve into meta commentary about whether the thread should have been started in the first place, so this has become a great thread. 

The desire to please you is going to ensure these threads are more common.

15 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I remember years ago when a few people got bent out of shape when somebody started a new thread without checking a thread unrelated to their topic in which what they were interested in had already been discussed.

Or demanding that every single possible discussion during the off-season be in the “off-season thread.“

I always thought that was a lame expectation. 

Just as an aside too, we don’t have to let our discussions devolve into a Cub Scout virility rite of establishing dominance over others and taking them down with snarky remarks just because nobody’s close enough to punch us in the face. 

Oh heck I just did it. My bad. 

I welcome a punch in the face from you ANY time. Bring it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm in the middle on it.   A new thread for every little thing is annoying but at times so is complaining about too many threads.  On other boards that I like the # is kept in check by having threads with seasons/players as the topic then anything interesting you find on that subject can be dropped into the appropriate thread.  Makes it easy to follow along.

This is a good point.  There are still people here that came over from the MLB.com board that are getting used to a new environment.  The culture is different.  It wasn't unheard of to have a new page of threads every few days.  It wasn't a real problem because that's what we were use to.  For example, when I did my preseason predictions, I created a new thread fro each player.  I didn't do that here because I would have flooded the board.  

19 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Who's Billy Martin?  

34 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

The culture is different.

Culture?  Here?

11 hours ago, Shelton said:

the content of the first post and the implication that something fishy was going on. 

a..His injury was worse than initially reported

b. The  initial  10 day IL assignment did not provide adequate time for his injury to heal, so a second stint is in order

c. The IL is being used  to expand the active roster

d. His drinking problem is worse than Miguel's

e. other?

All were possibilities that I would have been interested to hear. The only thing I knew for sure is that he had been  placed on the 10 day IL 16 days prior, and had just been placed on the 10 day IL  once again. That might suggest something out of the ordinary  might be going on.

As far as "FISHY", I suppose there are some out there  who still believe that the Verlander trade was not a salary dump?

18 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

a..His injury was worse than initially reported

b. The  initial  10 day IL assignment did not provide adequate time for his injury to heal, so a second stint is in order

c. The IL is being used  to expand the active roster

d. His drinking problem is worse than Miguel's

e. other?

All were possibilities that I would have been interested to hear. The only thing I knew for sure is that he had been  placed on the 10 day IL 16 days prior, and had just been placed on the 10 day IL  once again. That might suggest something out of the ordinary  might be going on.

With all due respect, what the **** are you talking about?

He was placed on the regular IL once. He is on a rehab assignment. He was never placed on it “again” whatever that means. 

His injury recovery timeline seems pretty typical for the type of injury he had. 

• Thanks 1