DumberAndLeaner

So what's up with Christin Stewart?

He was placed on the 10 day IL about 16 days ago, and now I read over at ESPN that the effective date for placement  on the IL is May 3. Seem,s like a bit of subterfuge is going on.

not sure if you read the internet...but his quad injury was slow to heal and he just had his first rehab game last night. GTMF.

47 minutes ago, kdog said:

not sure if you read the internet...but his quad injury was slow to heal and he just had his first rehab game last night. GTMF.

Didn't see that, Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

FEE77295-A3B2-4562-89E6-2C5813E27C48.jpeg

Ballclubs have been known to scam the medical leave policies as a clandestine way to expand their  rosters, so the "tin foil hat" reference is a bit of an over-dramatization 

5 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Ballclubs have been known to scam the medical leave policies as a clandestine way to expand their  rosters, so the "tin foil hat" reference is a bit of an over-dramatization 

You think they're holding back Stewart so that Victor Reyes can stay on the roster? 

56 minutes ago, Yoda said:

You think they're holding back Stewart so that Victor Reyes can stay on the roster? 

No they need Brandon Dixon and Harold Castro to get at-bats.

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

With so many players underperforming, it is difficult to attribute it (the possibility) to any one motive. But giving additional AAA players a chance to "step up" certainly could be one. Which is why I asked in the first place

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

With so many players underperforming, it is difficult to attribute it (the possibility) to any one motive. But giving additional AAA players a chance to "step up" certainly could be one. Which is why I asked in the first place

And created a thread, to boot.

15 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

And created a thread, to boot.

Someone's gotta take the initiative, ....can't spend one's entire life hiding out in moldy old game threads.  💤

23 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Someone's gotta take the initiative, ....can't spend one's entire life hiding out in moldy old game threads.  💤

The old game threads aren't moldy - MWG pays extra for climate control to preserve them forever.

• Like 1

WTF is up with Franklin Perez?   That's the question I want answered....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

The old game threads aren't moldy - MWG pays extra for climate control to preserve them forever.

That's good to know, but my intent pertained more to my observation that several members here seem to have a phobia to new threads being created .....which considering this is an internet discussion board.....is somewhat puzzling. I've observed apparent criticism directed against several members here for starting threads ( and while  I can understand that when it comes to multiple threads about the same topic,  but frequently that is not the case). Making me wonder if those who complain would alternately  prefer to see this board just die due to lack of interest?

Of course I guess that has a lot to do with why anyone  would come here in the first place

Some come seeking information about Detroit Tigers baseball, while others obviously come here only to insult people who do not see things the same way they do.  What fun that must be?

11 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Anybody know why Stew came out of Lakeland's game early yesterday?

Prolly to get Castro some run.

1 hour ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

That's good to know, but my intent pertained more to my observation that several members here seem to have a phobia to new threads being created .....which considering this is an internet discussion board.....is somewhat puzzling. I've observed apparent criticism directed against several members here for starting threads ( and while  I can understand that when it comes to multiple threads about the same topic,  but frequently that is not the case). Making me wonder if those who complain would alternately  prefer to see this board just die due to lack of interest?

do you use a phone or a PC here? My pet theory on this is that people use interact through a phone find more threads to be more invconvenient to manage. I know I do when I come here via my phone. But I have a console or laptop near it hand almost all day so I don't personally don't see an issue with a little more thread proliferation. Used well they do keep the site organized better than huge stream of consciousness threads that hit dozens of topics.

But it's not that complex. Number of responses should be the guide. If you find yourself starting threads that are very short lived, you are probably starting too many.

18 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I promise they're not holding stewart back for this purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

But it's not that complex. Number of responses should be the guide. If you find yourself starting threads that are very short lived, you are probably starting too many.

Really?  I would think that requiring someone to post a specific topic question in a  general game thread,...and then expecting them to have to go back and sift through a long thread of extraneous chatter to find a reply, or even see if anyone has  bothered to reply, is completely unreasonable. 

I hate those tiny screens on smart phones as well, which is why I seldom use them for this type of thing, but IF THAT WAS MY CHOICE then any resulting burden should rightly fall on me (for choosing that equipment option).

2 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Really?  I would think that requiring someone to post a specific topic question in a  general game thread,...and then expecting them to have to go back and sift through a long thread of extraneous chatter to find a reply, or even see if anyone has  bothered to reply, is completely unreasonable. 

I hate those tiny screens on smart phones as well, which is why I seldom use them for this type of thing, but IF THAT WAS MY CHOICE then any resulting burden should rightly fall on me (for choosing that equipment option).

Yeah, I'm with you on this. In the old days it SUCKED when people would start threads for every random though. I don't know the numbers but this place got way more traffic. There isn't enough anymore to worry about people starting threads. I don't see the big deal. 

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

I promise they're not holding stewart back for this purpose. 

You know what? I've  concluded that the main reason for the delay likely has more to do with the shift from 15 days to 10 days in the "short term" disability status, and the club's need to adjust to using the new format properly.

That said, I still don't see why it was wrong to ask.....only hoping that someone had superior information than what I was able to find. Again, that is what internet discussion is supposed to be for isn't it?

2 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

You know what? I've  concluded that the main reason for the delay likely has more to do with the shift from 15 days to 10 days in the "short term" disability status, and the club's need to adjust to using the new format properly.

That said, I still don't see why it was wrong to ask.....only hoping that someone had superior information than what I was able to find. Again, that is what internet discussion is supposed to be for isn't it?

It's back to 15 days. I think the delay was merely the slow and unpredictable nature of healing a quad.