calpon

Mize AA No-No

In his first start at AA, no less. 

They posted attendance at a little over 2,400. They must have camped out in the bathrooms tonight.

Game time 2:02! 

This is better than pitching poorly. Please be good in Detroit and bring a bat. He’ll need to provide his own run support somehow.

• Like 1

@jjcoop36
FollowingFollowing @jjcoop36
More

Casey Mize threw 70 strikes in 98 pitches tonight in his CG no-hitter. Of those 28 balls, two were automatic balls for pitch clock violations.

8:46 PM - 29 Apr 2019

LOL - the interviewer could have given Jake some credit for single handedly stealing the winning and only run of the game for his battery mate.

• Like 1

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Apparently nobody bothered to tell Altoona they were supposed to challenge Mize.

Lloyd is their hitting coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Lloyd is their hitting coach.

Lloyd is still with the Tigers?

Tiger fans are going to spend the next year or so pinching themselves to check if they are dreaming.  After Appel washed out and Aiken ended up under the knife and just getting back to A ball this season, taking a pitcher #1 overall was getting a certain snake bit quality to it. Let's hope we break that.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Tiger fans are going to spend the next year or so pinching themselves to check if they are dreaming.  After Appel washed out and Aiken ended up under the knife and just getting back to A ball this season, taking a pitcher #1 overall was getting a certain snake bit quality to it. Let's hope we break that.

I'm trying my best not to slip into irrational exuberance.  

Matt Manning pitching for Erie tomorrow night. May check in again tomorrow night. Like the radio guys there.

And yes folks, the Erie souvenir shop already has a Mize tee available for shipping May 13. Get’em while they’re hot.

Erie has 2 out of 3 pitcher of the weeks so far. Surely a 3rd is coming. 

He said his fastball command was horrible and the worst it’s been all season.  I’m excited to see what he can do when he can locate his fastball.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm trying my best not to slip into irrational exuberance.  

you know, I've thought there was more than a passing resemblance between Shep and Alan Greenspan.....

At my age of nearly 52, I don't really have a couple of years to give away. But I do kinduv wish it was 2021 already.

9 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

At my age of nearly 52, I don't really have a couple of years to give away. But I do kinduv wish it was 2021 already.

2020 will be interesting.  Their best prospects will probably see plenty of action in the majors next year.  I am 56, so I don't want to wait.  

I'm nearly 52 and a half. I want them to get this build right, and fix it long term.

10 hours ago, TigerNation said:

He had himself a day.

You had yourself a post.