UCFKNIGHT92

Any Interest In Signing Chris Tillman?

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is the Logan Shore era about to begin, because other than Beau Burrows I don't see any starter coming from Toledo and even if they signed Dallas, he wouldn't be ready to start.   

If Zimm is done I think it goes something like this order:

A)Carpenter B)stretch Farmer back out to start, C) anyone over 25 who strings together a couple of good starts at Toledo in the next month D) a trial for either Burrows (or Funk if he straightens out) but not till ~June

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

A)Carpenter B)stretch Farmer back out to start, C) anyone over 25 who strings together a couple of good starts at Toledo in the next month D) a trial for either Burrows (or Funk if he straightens out) but not till ~June

....or whenever it is that this year doesn't count.

56 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Well, I follow the possible scenario here, but I still think it ends up a less cost effective way to buy a pick as compared to shopping in the off season for Moore's and Martyns.

It would be, but they can do both.  

28 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Hardy is another possibility.  He was surprisingly good as a starter last year

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Hardy is another possibility.  He was surprisingly good as a starter last year

True - at this point we have to hope Hardy isn't on the DL anymore than the minimum. I guess he doesn't think this is serious because he's had it and cleared it before but.....

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I have a feeling, as someone else mentioned on this board in another thread earlier,  we're going to hear about Funk being shut down for the season.  Something is really really wrong.   9.22 ERA, 2.27 WHIP.  

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

True - at this point we have to hope Hardy isn't on the DL anymore than the minimum. I guess he doesn't think this is serious because he's had it and cleared it before but.....

yeah, I know.  It didn't sound serious, but you never want to make assumptions about pitcher injuries.