Pistons have the league's easiest pre-ASG schedule and hardest post-ASG schedule. Pelicans hardest pre-ASG, Heat easiest post-ASG

Get ready for more fool's gold again this year.

I truly wish this was reversed to give ownership & management a wake up call before the trade deadline, rather than after it's too late.

Then again maybe it doesn't matter either way, since Gores seem content with a multi-year 8th seed product that will marginally increase the value of his Private Equity portfolio rather than a long term plan that requires rebooting the thing.

Full story here:

https://pistonpowered.com/2019/08/13/detroit-pistons-2019-20-schedule-release-march-biggest-challenge/

I was interested to see how DMC progressed in his first full season back from the Achilles injury, too bad. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was interested to see how DMC progressed in his first full season back from the Achilles injury, too bad. 

This might just be the end of his career. 

30 years old, and his last 3 seasons he has played 17 games, 48 games and 30 games.

Given his size and the nature of his injuries, we may not see him on a NBA court again. 

16 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

This might just be the end of his career. 

30 years old, and his last 3 seasons he has played 17 games, 48 games and 30 games.

Given his size and the nature of his injuries, we may not see him on a NBA court again. 

If that ends up being the case just think about how much money he ended up losing on that initial Achilles injury.  

If that doesn't happen he surely gets a long term Max deal instead of the 1 year deal he got with GS right?

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If that ends up being the case just think about how much money he ended up losing on that initial Achilles injury.  

If that doesn't happen he surely gets a long term Max deal instead of the 1 year deal he got with GS right?

I think he would have.  He also turned down 2/$40M from NO right after he injured his Achilles.  

I wonder if this was all the same leg.  Achilles, quad, now the knee.  Curious if they are related.  

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I think he would have.  He also turned down 2/$40M from NO right after he injured his Achilles.  

I wonder if this was all the same leg.  Achilles, quad, now the knee.  Curious if they are related.  

Yeah they are same leg.  A Doctor I follow on YouTube posted this video about it. 

35 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Devastating. Not just the money, but the realization that he lost the prime years of his career.

5 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Devastating. Not just the money, but the realization that he lost the prime years of his career.

I would bet its the latter, not the former.  Cousins made almost $80M in his career.  I bet he'd cash some of that in just for more time on the court.

Kevin Pelton of ESPN+ has the Pistons finishing 10th in the East based off his RPM based projections.   With that said though he has the Pistons at 39.6 average wins and the 6th seeded Heat only 3 games better at 42.9 so it looks like there could potentially be a little bit of a log jam for those last few playoff spots.   

Also he has the 11th seed at 7 games worse than the Pistons.  I think this disparity is why the Pistons were forced to "go for it" by adding Rose, Morris and perhaps Beasley.  I think they felt that their choices were either to stand pat and do nothing and perhaps finish 9th or 10th, trade Blake or Andre and still finish 10th or 11th, or try to make marginal improvements to maybe get that 6th seed and perhaps either a competitive 1st round series or even an upset so they chose the latter.  Given those options I can't really say that it was the wrong decision.  

I know people will say that he is just saying this to be politically correct and he doesn't mean it but I think there is alot of truth to this.  During the season these guys(atleast the ones that really put forth the work) don't do much outside of basketball, and in the offseason they can live wherever so where you play isn't as important to them as many people seem to think.   Of course all things being equal they will go to the more desirable location but if you have or can put a better team around them  I think guys will more often than not take that over location. 

And BTW we all know he's talking about Bullock here.  

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, Betrayer said:

Get ready for more fool's gold again this year.

I truly wish this was reversed to give ownership & management a wake up call before the trade deadline, rather than after it's too late.

Then again maybe it doesn't matter either way, since Gores seem content with a multi-year 8th seed product that will marginally increase the value of his Private Equity portfolio rather than a long term plan that requires rebooting the thing.

Full story here:

https://pistonpowered.com/2019/08/13/detroit-pistons-2019-20-schedule-release-march-biggest-challenge/

lol

Joe Johnson To Work Out For Pistons, Bucks, Nets

September 2nd 2019 at 3:55pm CST by Luke Adams
Veteran NBA forward Joe Johnson is set to travel to Detroit, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn next week for workouts with the Pistons, Bucks, and Nets, league sources tell ESPN’s Dave McMenamin.

McMenamin’s report adds Detroit and Brooklyn to the list of teams that Johnson will audition for as he pursues an NBA comeback. A previous report had indicated that the 38-year-old was working out for the Sixers and might do so for Milwaukee as well.

The Clippers and Nuggets were also identified in that story as clubs keeping an eye on Johnson.

After not playing for an NBA team during the 2018/19 season, Johnson joined Ice Cube‘s BIG3 league this summer and excelled in the 3-on-3 format. He was named the BIG3’s MVP after leading the league in points and assists, then scored 28 points on Sunday to lead the Triplets to a 50-39 win over the Killer 3’s in the 2019 championship game.

While the competition in the BIG3 clearly isn’t on the same level as in the NBA, Johnson’s impressive performance in the league has seemingly generated interest among a handful of teams who view him as a potential scorer off the bench.

For his part, Johnson recently told Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated that he didn’t join the BIG3 in an effort to make it back to the NBA. However, the seven-time All-Star added that he’d welcome another opportunity to make it back into the league since the way his last NBA stint (in Houston) ended didn’t “sit well” with him.

• Haha 1

Between Johnson, Beasley, Rose and Blake the Pistons are going to be strong contenders for the 2011 NBA Championship. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Between Johnson, Beasley, Rose and Blake the Pistons are going to be strong contenders for the 2011 NBA Championship. 

There's a silver delorean by my house.  Anybody have a flux capacitor?

9 hours ago, Casimir said:

Crud.  What am I going to do with my Beasley Pistons shirsey?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/09/pistons-close-to-deal-with-joe-johnson.html

I'd prefer they just release Galloway instead but as long as they hold onto Christian Wood I'll be satisfied.  He's a long shot but unlike most of the other guys on the team I actually think he has some potential upside.  

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd prefer they just release Galloway instead but as long as they hold onto Christian Wood I'll be satisfied.  He's a long shot but unlike most of the other guys on the team I actually think he has some potential upside.  

Wood is interesting.  He put up some stats when given an opportunity to play, but not sure what to make of going off of the last 9 games of the season of a lottery team playing meaningless games.