20 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

This organization has had a chance in the Front Office. Stefanski didn't play Drummond. 

They have the same owner though.

18 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

The same owner fired the guy who built this team.

I meant in the sense that he seems to be really committed to Drummond so I don't see him allowing Stefanski to deal him.

21 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I meant in the sense that he seems to be really committed to Drummond so I don't see him allowing Stefanski to deal him.

He "seemed committed" to SVG did he not? Hired him as President & Coach. Supported him. Defended him. Fired him when it was clear it was not working.

so the pistons are so committed to winning 42 games they went into the luxury tax to sign michael beasley.

• Haha 1

Hasheem Thabeet has been working out for teams...

Kidding aside, good move if we get the Beasley that played for the Knicks two years ago.  He was instant offense, capable of averaging 12 PPG in 20 minutes or so.  

Unfortunately, last year he looked like the old Beasley.  

He will start the year serving a 5 game suspension for drug use.  

Christian Wood has the same type of contract.  So it's likely one of them is cut before the season starts so the Pistons stay out of the luxury tax.

It doesn't mean the Pistons pay the tax if both make it though.  The tax is calculated by your roster at the end of the season.  So Detroit would have all year to make some moves to cut salary.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Christian Wood has the same type of contract.  So it's likely one of them is cut before the season starts so the Pistons stay out of the luxury tax.

It doesn't mean the Pistons pay the tax if both make it though.  The tax is calculated by your roster at the end of the season.  So Detroit would have all year to make some moves to cut salary.

Pretty sure I’d rather go with the younger kid rather than the old dope head.  But I’d also rather they do a bunch of other things differently yet here we are.

I have a horrible feeling they are going after Chris Paul when he is eligible to be traded in September.

Something like 

Jackson, Galloway, French guy, and a 1st round pick for CP3.

Schedule comes out today at 3PM.  Opening night and Christmas day games already were announced, so not much really left to care about.  

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Schedule comes out today at 3PM.  Opening night and Christmas day games already were announced, so not much really left to care about.  

The last 5 games might have critical match ups to determine the 7th, 8th, 9th slots in the conference.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:48 AM, Deleterious said:

Hasheem Thabeet has been working out for teams...

Kidding aside, good move if we get the Beasley that played for the Knicks two years ago.  He was instant offense, capable of averaging 12 PPG in 20 minutes or so.  

Unfortunately, last year he looked like the old Beasley.  

He will start the year serving a 5 game suspension for drug use.  

Agreed, Beasley from NYK is well worth this contract as a backup. He struggled last year, at a time when his mom passed away from cancer (in December).Hoping this coming year could be a bounce-back season. If he does bounce back, the bench has a ton of firepower when healthy:

Rose / Kennard / Beasley can all get you buckets. 

The Pistons' final 11 games of the season are all out of division.  That seems awfully odd to me, but maybe it actually isn't completely out of the norm?

They play Indiana 3 times in their first 10 games.  Good for Detroit since Oladipo wont be back yet.

6 of their last 8 games are on the road.

I count 11 back to backs.  No clue on how often they play 3 in 4 nights or 5 in 7.  

Looks like 3 national TV games.

Usually they head out west right at the start of the year.  But this year their first big west coast trip ins't until the end of December.  Six game trip, 5 out west and the sixth is in Cleveland.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They play Indiana 3 times in their first 10 games.  Good for Detroit since Oladipo wont be back yet.

6 of their last 8 games are on the road.

I count 11 back to backs.  No clue on how often they play 3 in 4 nights or 5 in 7.  

Looks like 3 national TV games.

Usually they head out west right at the start of the year.  But this year their first big west coast trip ins't until the end of December.  Six game trip, 5 out west and the sixth is in Cleveland.

That west coast trip was clockwork stuff.  A 4 to 6 gamer on the road in the Mountain & Pacific time zones after 2 or 3 in the east.

No Minnesota until the final 10 games.

Joseph Tsai just paid $2.35 billion for the remaining 51% of the Nets that he didn't already own.  Mikhail Prokhorov is out and I think that means Tsai now owns 100% of the team.

That means the Nets valuation is around $4.5M.  The Rockets were the previous highest sale at $2.2B.  

I saw a stat that said we were third to last in terms of fewest miles traveled in the air this season. 

We're right with Cleveland and Chicago so I'm guessing with our location this is nothing new.  Iirc we travel like 25000 less miles in the air than Portland and Utah.  

49 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw a stat that said we were third to last in terms of fewest miles traveled in the air this season. 

We're right with Cleveland and Chicago so I'm guessing with our location this is nothing new.  Iirc we travel like 25000 less miles in the air than Portland and Utah.  

Portland is kind of stuck out there by itself.  Sacramento is closer than Utah.  San Francisco is closer than Denver.  Los Angeles is closer than both Minneosta and Oklahoma City.

I wonder what the travel matrix would look like for teams in the west if the NBA swapped Portland for Phoenix?  Not that they'd do it.

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Joseph Tsai just paid $2.35 billion for the remaining 51% of the Nets that he didn't already own.  Mikhail Prokhorov is out and I think that means Tsai now owns 100% of the team.

That means the Nets valuation is around $4.5M.  The Rockets were the previous highest sale at $2.2B.  

ummmmm....the term is "govern" not own.  the nba no longer has owners, it has governors.

get with it.

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said: