33 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Last of the big name free agents just signed.

Guess they won't need that KD guy now.

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

Ellenson was SVG's Darko.  Turrible.

stanely was svg's darko.  ellenson was svg's austin daye.

Windhorst reported that Miami is somewhat interested.  But they want OKC to send back the Miami 2021 and 2023 1st round picks + Paul.  

Drafting Ellenson wasn't a big deal to me.  How they tried to develop him was.  It was obvious from day one he belonged in the G-League for a year or two.  Now the Nets are sending him there and it would be hilarious if they salvaged his career by doing so.

Out of curiosity, what over/under total would you guys have taken the Pistons to go over had they acquired Westbrook and shipped out Jackson and picks / rookies?

23 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Out of curiosity, what over/under total would you guys have taken the Pistons to go over had they acquired Westbrook and shipped out Jackson and picks / rookies?

I think 48 to 52 wins would have been their range.

• Like 1

I'd have said 46, but part of that is I fear/expect Griffin to fall off and/or get injured, which isn't based in anything other than a gut feel.

I'm pretty shocked their number is so low.  I'm thinking around .500 and fighting for the 8th seed.  35.5 is really low and it tempts me to put some money on it.  Except, the last two times I bet the Pistons over I lost.  I'm a curse or something.  

Then again, if Blake misses 20+ games the wheels are going to come off.  

35 to 40 wins sounds about right for this team. NBA purgatory. Not good enough to make the playoffs (or maybe just barely), not bad enough to get a good pick. 

We need to make some moves and pick a direction, but I don’t have any faith in Gores to allow that to happen. 

The over for the Pistons is easy money. I'm as down on this current situation as anybody but come on, they're better than a 35 win team even if Blake's load gets managed and/or misses some games due to injury.

Well, they won 41 last year with Blake having the best season of his career. He played 75 games, which is the highest number in the past 5 seasons. If he comes back down to his average (59) over that time period and his stats level out a bit like they did post All-Star, then things could look very different.

We also may be giving significant minutes to a 3rd string PG by November.

Not much else has changed with this team, so I'm not ready to call 35.5 wins "easy money" in its current state. I think I'd call it "likely money". It wouldn't shock me if they won 41 games again, but it also wouldn't shock me if Blake, Reggie, and Rose miss 25 games each and they only win 33.

The only thing that would shock me is Gores getting his head out of his rectum and trading Dre before we either re-sign him to a long deal or lose him for nothing in the off-season.

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Windhorst reported that Miami is somewhat interested.  But they want OKC to send back the Miami 2021 and 2023 1st round picks + Paul.  

Someone will get desperate and give OKC something for Paul, might be mid season but it will happen.