1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Would you rather have watched OKC or Detroit the past 10 years?

They didn't get the job done.  But I will take their failure over the Pistons failure all day every day.

OKC. But it seems to be you are on the side of championship or bust for the most part. They didn't win. 

3 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

OKC. But it seems to be you are on the side of championship or bust for the most part. They didn't win. 

I said they failed. 

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

In the last 8 years OKC has traded away 2 MVPs, had 1 MVP walk for nothing and traded a guy who finished 3rd in MVP voting.

With all of that talent they have no championships, and a complete rebuild upcoming. I wouldn't call it a successful run.  

I don't see the term "successful run" anywhere in my post.   Didn't say anything close in fact.   I was stating how amazingly fast the tear down was, where you came up with the rest of that I don't know.

Strawman.jpg.614eb87ac9898f3205d5dab14279cd2b.jpg

29 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The point is you can't use the excuse he was "backed into a corner" when you traded for a guy who made it well known he wanted to go to LA.  It wasn't a matter of if he was going to demand a trade but when. 

Well - he wasn't going anywhere until Kawhi called.   He's said as much.

And of course that's why Stefanski can never match the haul if he tried to trade Blake.  Had Kawhi said he only signs if Blake comes with him?   Then the Pistons would own all those assets.  The Clippers were essentially trading all those picks for George and Leonard.

3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

The Clippers were essentially trading all those picks for George and Leonard.

interesting way to look at it, but spot on.

4 hours ago, NYLion said:

I'm glad the Pistons sidestepped that landmine. The same people who wanted the Pistons to trade for Westbrook would have complained in a year or two about how dumb they are for taking on another anchor contract for a declining player after maxing out with a couple of 1st or 2nd round exits. Let somebody else take the headache. This is a 31-35 year old Westbrook you're taking on, it's all downhill from here with him as the contract gets pricier and pricier from Year 1-4.

It'll be interesting to see how Russ and Harden co-exist with just one ball to play with and how Russ fits into D'Antoni's fire up threes at all costs system with his paltry 30% and under shooting.

538 projects him to be worth more than Kawhi over the next 5 years. 

I believe Paul(10) and Westbrook(22) are the only top 25 all time VORP guys ever traded for each other. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27173938/are-rockets-better-pressure-russ-harden-now

The once-in-a-lifetime event of Kawhi Leonard holding the Clippers up against a ticking clock gave Presti leverage to turn George into an instant rebuild. This deal is the coda. It's clichéd to say the teardown is the easy part, and the buildup is the hard part. That is mostly true. But Presti nailed this teardown to an extent rarely seen.

i dont think ive ever seen a thread with so many people made of straw in it.

SGA might be the best asset OKC received in all of this and hardly anyone is even mentioning him.

16 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

538 projects him to be worth more than Kawhi over the next 5 years. 

538 will be wrong again.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Like they were with their Finals prediction.

You mean lucky that Durant and Klay and Iggy all got hurt?

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Like they were with their Finals prediction.

Well we'll see but I doubt any GM would trade Leonard straight up for Westbrook, much less add pieces to "even up" the value.

They knew Durant was hurt, and thought GS would be a slight favorite if he wasn't injured (IIRC), had Toronto as a slight favorite otherwise.  The other two getting injured swung the odds further in Toronto's favor, but not sure that should be held against their prediction.

FWIW, 538 isn't sure how Westbrook will fit on the Rockets' and have their doubts it will work even if they have a high future value for Westbrook.  I also think that only looks at regular season and doesn't take post-season into account, but am not 100% sure about that.

Watching Miami and NO right now and the announcers are arguing over Spoelstra being a top 3 coach.  I never thought of him in that regard at all, but the one guy is saying that Wojo told him that teams were willing to part with first round picks for Spoelstra if they could.  

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

SGA might be the best asset OKC received in all of this and hardly anyone is even mentioning him.

I think that's probably a little over the top, but I agree he's under mentioned. He's a damn good talent. Probably more Terry Rozier than Russell Westbrook if I had to guess though?

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I think that's probably a little over the top, but I agree he's under mentioned. He's a damn good talent. Probably more Terry Rozier than Russell Westbrook if I had to guess though?

Definitely closer to Rozier even though I expect SGA to be the better player.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watching Miami and NO right now and the announcers are arguing over Spoelstra being a top 3 coach.  I never thought of him in that regard at all, but the one guy is saying that Wojo told him that teams were willing to part with first round picks for Spoelstra if they could.  

I like him but I don't think top 3 tho. Somewhere in the 5-10 range sounds right.