Late to the party here, but I like the overall draft direction. This team has drafted the "safe" guys with low ceiling for too long. Maybe Doumbouya works out, maybe not, but I like the swing for the fences move on a guy with a lot of potential. I also like the push to acquire more guys with length and athleticism in both the draft and trade market.

Now they just need to find a way to move Dre and Reggie before those guys infect the new crew.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Still shocked someone is going to give him a max deal.

Watch it be Gores.

Summer league starts July 5th for Detroit.  They will play the Croatian national team.

They are in Vegas this summer for the first time.  They get 4 games and then more if they make the playoffs.  This will be much better than Orlando since these are actual arenas instead of practice facilities.  

I say it a lot, but what the NBA has done with summer league is amazing.  Basically it involves players most people dont know and toss in a few exciting rookies.  They are using two arenas for Vegas and every single game is on TV.  NBATV, ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU.  

A bunch of average/mediocre players are about to get dump trucks full of cash dumped on them.  Remember that in the next CBA negotiations when the owner cry poor.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

A bunch of average/mediocre players are about to get dump trucks full of cash dumped on them.  Remember that in the next CBA negotiations when the owner cry poor.

Billionaire owners fighting with millionaire players.  

I still can't believe Karen Davidson sold the team for what she did instead of hanging onto it a few more seasons to get more buyers interested.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I still can't believe Karen Davidson sold the team for what she did instead of hanging onto it a few more seasons to get more buyers interested.

Karen was in her 60s when she sold to Gores.  Perhaps she wanted the money before she got to be too old to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

you know this is true, so why are you surprised some team would give durant a max deal?

especially since the knicks have so much money...

i'd take an injured durant over giving a max deal to deangelo freaking russell.  or 4 years for al horford.

7 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Karen was in her 60s when she sold to Gores.  Perhaps she wanted the money before she got to be too old to enjoy it.

Exactly. How many hundreds of millions does one need to enjoy their last few decades on Earth? She did alright.

She was also the fourth wife and didn't give a **** about the Pistons.  $300M in her pocket is all she cared about.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

you know this is true, so why are you surprised some team would give durant a max deal?

i'd take an injured durant over giving a max deal to deangelo freaking russell.  or 4 years for al horford.

I play the odds.  And the odds tell us Durant will never fully recover and be the player he was.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I knew that the injury wouldn't hold teams back. They want to get the jump on signing him now rather than wait.

Personally, I think it's a big risk. An achilles rupture at this age could very well be a career altering injury.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

The Al Horford deal is my top candidate to be an utter disaster. Talk of 4 years $112m which is insanity. I wouldn't pay a 25 year old Horford that but a 33 year old Horford? Yikes

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I give Silver a lot of credit for considering a number of ideas that most commissioners would reject out of hand.

like refusing to call team owners "owners" and instead calling them "governors"?

It's a big risk no doubt but I think with Durant's game being so versatile and him being such a great shooter it shouldn't effect his game as much as it does others(say a Brandon Jennings for example).   Also even if he doesn't return to form, I'd take him at 80% over alot of these max level guys at 100.  

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I play the odds.  And the odds tell us Durant will never fully recover and be the player he was.  

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I'll be more shocked when it actually happens.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Is he a strong defender?

well...he is strong.  and he is a defender sometimes.