Key dates:

June 20th - Draft.  The Pistons draft 15th.

June 30th - Rosters frozen.  All team/player options must be decided by this time.

July 1st - Free agency starts

July 3rd - Summer league starts.  Really not sure on this one, just know it is around this time.

Some salary sites:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/

The salary cap wont be set until after July 1st.  But they are currently projecting it at $109M with the luxury tax at $132M.  With current cap holds the Pistons are actually over the luxury tax.  If they renounce all FA's I think they will be about $13M under the luxury tax.

Pistons will have the MLE and BAE to spend this year.

Free agents for all teams:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20229609/nba-free-agent-2019-2020-team-team-lists

Pistons 2019 free agents:

Ish Smith

Jose Calderon

Zaza Pachulia

Glenn Robinson II (Team)

Isaiah Whitehead (Restricted)

Kalin Lucas (Restricted)

Wayne Ellington

2019-20 will be the last season of the Josh Smith contract.  So the Pistons will have to decide this summer if they want to offer him an extension or not.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

2019-20 will be the last season of the Josh Smith contract.  So the Pistons will have to decide this summer if they want to offer him an extension or not.

Gores did mention that he isn't against going over the salary cap.

That was an unprepared answer from a guy giving an impromptu press conference.  I’ll be shocked if he followed though on it. 

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That was an unprepared answer from a guy giving an impromptu press conference.  I’ll be shocked if he followed though on it. 

How could he not be prepared for that question?

22 minutes ago, Casimir said:

How could he not be prepared for that question?

Cocaine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually believe him.  But he doesn't mean they are going over to sign Lou Williams.  He's talking about if they have a shot at one of the 3-5 elite players in the league.  Steph, KD, Harden, etc.  You know, guys they have no shot at anyway.  So it is a very safe thing to say.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I actually believe him.  But he doesn't mean they are going over to sign Lou Williams.  He's talking about if they have a shot at one of the 3-5 elite players in the league.  Steph, KD, Harden, etc.  You know, guys they have no shot at anyway.  So it is a very safe thing to say.

If going into the luxury tax projects into higher revenue that goes beyond the cost of the tax, I think Gores definitely signs off.

Well I hope they stay out of it.  It really limits what you can do, even more so than they are now.

If you are paying the tax then IMO you need to be a finals team to justify it.  Maybe a conference finals team since I would be OK with Houston paying it in an attempt to beat GSW.

ESPN Mock draft has Pistons taking Kevin Porter from USC.

Tankathon Mock has them taking Nassir Little from UNC.

They aren't going over the tax but they might make a trade for a guy with two years left on his deal like Batum. 2021 is when most of the deals will clear off the books. 

2 hours ago, kdog said:

ESPN Mock draft has Pistons taking Kevin Porter from USC.

Tankathon Mock has them taking Nassir Little from UNC.

They aren't going over the tax but they might make a trade for a guy with two years left on his deal like Batum. 2021 is when most of the deals will clear off the books. 

andre would really do well in charlotte if they could keep Kemba walker.  that would be a deadly pick and roll.

but if batum comes back?  ugh.  he's very bad now and his contract is awful.

When Griffin was hired as their new GM, there was talk that even Davis would be staying.

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That's how you do it. The week your season ends. Gives him all summer to rehab it and be ready for training camp.

...on the other hand, trading Dre and Reggie this offseason for youth/picks, then having Blake's surgery in October would be the way to start the rebuild.

But why would you break up the big three of a playoff team?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

But why would you break up the big three of a playoff team?

Good thing the Pistons didn't have a playoff team this season.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

Good thing the Pistons didn't have a playoff team this season.

Well, OK wisenheimer, they didn't have a playoff team, but they qualified to be the Bucks' preseason opponent for the postseason.  Is that better?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Well, OK wisenheimer, they didn't have a playoff team, but they qualified to be the Bucks' preseason opponent for the postseason.  Is that better?

I'm on board with that! 👍

Blake is from OKC.  

If you put a Blake for Russ trade intro the Trade Machine it comes out pretty even.   Might be the dramatic shakeup that both teams need. 

40 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Blake is from OKC.  

If you put a Blake for Russ trade intro the Trade Machine it comes out pretty even.   Might be the dramatic shakeup that both teams need. 

That would be worth it just to see the look on Reggie's face when he finds out he's behind Westbrook again.

• Haha 1

I haven't been a serious NBA fan for some time, but I understand this Anthony Davis fellow is pretty good and wants to be traded. I also understand that Drummond and Jackson are not wanted by Pistons fans. It seems natural then to trade Drummond and Jackson for Davis.

8 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Blake is from OKC.  

Honestly, I'd rather have Blake.

Blake got better this year, Westbrook continues to get worse.

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

Honestly, I'd rather have Blake.

Blake got better this year, Westbrook continues to get worse.

Same feeling on a one for one trade. 

But if the Pistons can get some younger assets out of it (besides the age difference between Blake and Westbrook), then I think it is something to consider.  They could also flip Westbrook for something as well.  Maybe LeGM/Coach would like him as a running mate in Los Angeles?

No thanks.  Russ has 4 years left on his deal (3 normal 4th player option).  

I doubt Lebron wants anything to do with him either.  Lebron likes to be surrounded by 4 shooters.