Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 4: Bucks @ Pistons

am I the only person who wanted the Pistons to take the ball and bury it int he gut of one of the refs in the last seconds?

Not terribly sure Gores can credibly say this team is competitive after this playoffs series. They should had been in the draft lottery. 

5 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Not terribly sure Gores can credibly say this team is competitive after this playoffs series. They should had been in the draft lottery. 

We suck.  But the teams value is going up about 33% per year, so I don't give a damn.

I guess that would seem crass.  

Lost 4 games by a cumulative 95 points.  95 points!  Milwaukee basically played an extra quarter on offense in every game.  Shouldn't that be illegal?

gores with the depressing press conference afterwards.  "stay the course.  injuries.  were competitive."

blah blah blah.

they want to establish a culture of winning.  sure tom.  if only you knew how to do that.

"Remain" competitive?  Wouldn't that imply that they are already competitive?  Did this guy watch any of the games?  I know that he can't outright say that he's going to make sweeping changes but my god, this guy is so out of touch that it's frightening.

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

"Remain" competitive?  Wouldn't that imply that they are already competitive?  Did this guy watch any of the games?  I know that he can't outright say that he's going to make sweeping changes but my god, this guy is so out of touch that it's frightening.

Gores is by trade an asset flipper, and Del correctly pointed out the Pistons continue to increase in value despite the horrible product they put out for public consumption.  There is little incentive financially at the moment for Gores to properly rebuild the Pistons.

We played them as tough as we could in the first 3 quarters...then BAM it was like a flood...all of a sudden we were down by like 20!  lol  I mean it was almost instant.  I could not believe how fast it happened.

George and Greg were going bonkers over the fouls.  That is what happens to bad teams when they play good teams...they foul more, but the discrepancy WAS a little shocking.  And I saw more than a hand full of BS calls.  

I used to defend the **** out of Drummond, but the dude is SO soft it is ridiculous.  He is not mentally tough enough.  Things start to go the other way and he starts jabbing, throwing elbows, pushing.  He does look incredibly weak for a dude as big as he is.  He is child like out there sometimes.

Drummond doesn't have the mental and competitive edge to be a stronger force in high profile games.  Part of that is personality, another part of that is playing for a dysfunctional franchise his entire professional career.  He has time to evolve, but it's highly uncertain if he has the mental and physical tools.

Drummond shot 44% from the floor for the series.  He took two shots outside of the paint the entire series, and still only shot 44%.

ZOX11oA.png

ZjXehJR.png

16 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Drummond doesn't have the mental and competitive edge to be a stronger force in high profile games.  Part of that is personality, another part of that is playing for a dysfunctional franchise his entire professional career.  He has time to evolve, but it's highly uncertain if he has the mental and physical tools.

I think he needs a sports shrink. It's as though his self-confidence can't stand going against a better player/team so he withdraws to prevent having to deal with his best effort being bested. Pretty weird to have been an athlete for so long and never learned how to lose tough, or to understand that there will always be someone out there who has your number and is going to make you battle for everything, but that is how it strikes me.

34 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Gores is by trade an asset flipper, and Del correctly pointed out the Pistons continue to increase in value despite the horrible product they put out for public consumption.  There is little incentive financially at the moment for Gores to properly rebuild the Pistons.

That's the blessing and curse right there.  It's good for the health of the franchise that they are financially stable but bad because as long as the revenue streams in, Gores will be content. 

What he needs to do is butt out and let Stefanski and crew do what needs to be done to right the ship. If they want to deal Blake and Drummond for futures, let them.