Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 4: Bucks @ Pistons

8:10 tip tomorrow. Pistons will be making history. They will have lost 14 straight playoff games after tomorrow. That''ll be the new NBA record.

Bullock or Ish on the MLE? They have about 9 million to spend there.

Anthony Tolliver on the bi-annual exception makes sense. Use Thon as the 4th big instead of the 3rd. Maker is better suited to play center.

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Bullock or Ish on the MLE? They have about 9 million to spend there.

Anthony Tolliver on the bi-annual exception makes sense. Use Thon as the 4th big instead of the 3rd. Maker is better suited to play center.

Can’t they just sign ish for whatever using bird rights?

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Can’t they just sign ish for whatever using bird rights?

It depends, but normally,  yes.

But if they use the BAE or the big MLE then they are hard capped.  Then they are limited what they can offer Ish even though they hold his Bird rights.

The market for Smith should be interesting.  And what he decides to pursue will be interesting as well.  For some reason, I think I see him going after a contender rather than a paycheck if it comes down to one or the other.  He's made around $18M in his career and he's pushing 31.  He's been with 10 organizations in 9 seasons.  I think he has proven to be a decent backup PG.  Detroit has given him his best opportunity as establishing himself as a rotation player, but I don't see him returning.  I would imagine he finds a better situation elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

The market for Smith should be interesting. 

Ish is another player with hard limitations, the Pistons have had to play him a lot more than most other teams ever would. I think his typical offer is going to be as an insurance policy type player on a team that hopes they won't need to play him a lot. That probably is not big dollars.

Ish is the guy I bring in if I had a young team.  Someone to mentor my kids and provide a good veteran presence for them.  Teach them about the game on and off the court.

ish is nice but he cant shoot.  lets get someone who can shoot.

Barkley said he will do a show wearing a Speedo if the Pistons come back to win this series.

We're all Bucks fans tonight.

25 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Barkley said he will do a show wearing a Speedo if the Pistons come back to win this series.

Sure, OK, I will, too.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Pistons are +700 and +13.5.

Easy money.  Griffin wants to get back to stand up comedy, and Drummond has Halo Burger ads to get out of the way.

You can’t make this 💩 up.     Only the Pistons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Those white towels are outstanding.

At the end of this loss, I hope they throw all of the black tire tread jerseys into a pile at half court and burn them.

Kennard is bad. Weak layup attempt blocked which lead to a three. Then that stupid foul to end the quarter. He's lucky Hill missed the shot.

Honest question that may have been discussed at some point during the season. 

There really is no point for a Private Equity firm to advertise itself on the court.  Is this just yet another Gores ego thing or were they unable to sell this space to a legitimate paying advertiser? 

15 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Honest question that may have been discussed at some point during the season. 

There really is no point for a Private Equity firm to advertise itself on the court.  Is this just yet another Gores ego thing or were they unable to sell this space to a legitimate paying advertiser? 

Both seem likely.

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

You can’t make this 💩 up.     Only the Pistons. 

I’m as critical of the Pistons as anyone, but what exactly is the issue with this?

21 Detroit fouls. 10 Milwaukee fouls. 

This has been a tightly contested game. No reason for that discrepancy.