Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 2: Pistons @ Bucks

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Reggie's value in a trade has increased significantly after this season. He played a full 82 game schedule at 28 MPG, increased his 3PT shooting to 37%, dropped his TO/game and generally accepted his role. 

We are in a far better position to trade him now than before. 

What are the odds that Mr. Gores allows Stefanski to trade him. Doesn't Gores think we have a solid core to win with in the future. That's the impression I get from the way he has operated thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What are the odds that Mr. Gores allows Stefanski to trade him. Doesn't Gores think we have a solid core to win with in the future. That's the impression I get from the way he has operated thus far.

Are you asking if Reggie Jackson is untouchable? Because he most definitely isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Are you asking if Reggie Jackson is untouchable? Because he most definitely isn't. 

I was asking because Gores has made comments about liking the team he has and on two prior occasions, albeit with Andre and not Reggie, (allegedly) stepped in and vetoed trades .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going to the game on Saturday, get there early.  They are raising this before the game.

mtwcjgqgf2t21.jpg?width=535&auto=webp&s=

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I was asking because Gores has made comments about liking the team he has and on two prior occasions, albeit with Andre and not Reggie, (allegedly) stepped in and vetoed trades .

Just a guess obviously.  But I think Gores will allow anyone to be traded that isn't Andre or Blake.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

If you're going to the game on Saturday, get there early.  They are raising this before the game.

mtwcjgqgf2t21.jpg?width=535&auto=webp&s=

Laugh all you want.  But the goal this season was to qualify for the playoffs.  They did.  Everything else is just gravy, and we should all be happy with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Laugh all you want.  But the goal this season was to qualify for the playoffs.  They did.  Everything else is just gravy, and we should all be happy with it.

That's like being happy you got into the local community college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That's like being happy you got into the local community college.

Into the building to take the entrance exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

That's like being happy you got into the local community college.

If you are the first in the family to make it to college and spent a lot of hard work to make the money to pay for said college....there is nothing to hang your head about with that scenario.

Now if your family is rich and you failed at all the big schools and were LEFT with a community college...then that is another thing.

I think the Pistons are somewhere in the middle of that, but closer to the poor family than the rich one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pistons have the eighth most expensive roster in the league.  They are a few hundred grand away from the luxury tax.  They have two guys in the top 25 for highest paid contracts in the league with Blake at #5 and Andre at #24.

They are the rich kid with nothing left but community college.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to move the goal posts, but money was not strictly speaking what I was referring to.  The analogy was more about the franchise as a whole.  They just got Blake last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking out of this forum for the next year. Just negativity about every single thing involving the Pistons with complete pessimism and dismissal of even the slightest positive thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Checking out of this forum for the next year. Just negativity about every single thing involving the Pistons with complete pessimism and dismissal of even the slightest positive thing. 

That is the internet as a whole.  The negativity and pessimism will always trump the positive thoughts and conversation.  Always.  It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casimir said:

Laugh all you want.  But the goal this season was to qualify for the playoffs.  They did.  Everything else is just gravy, and we should all be happy with it.

I did have a good laugh at the bold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Checking out of this forum for the next year. Just negativity about every single thing involving the Pistons with complete pessimism and dismissal of even the slightest positive thing. 

Don't let it get to you,this is all in good fun when it boils down to it. This place is designed for us to vent our frustration so with the team struggling for so long, a lot of pessimism will come with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NYLion said:

Don't let it get to you,this is all in good fun when it boils down to it. This place is designed for us to vent our frustration so with the team struggling for so long, a lot of pessimism will come with it.

The past has a lot to do with it, but I think the lackluster short term and the unknown long term don’t help at all.

I’d like to be optimistic about it, but, what’s there to look forward to?  Some day these abysmal contracts will fall off.  Maybe Kennard develops into a lethal 3 point artist with enough defense and Brown develops into a shutdown wing with some semblance of offense?

I may be too harsh on the current front offense because they have walked into a difficult situation where they are pretty much handcuffed.  I see Gores as a part of that front office and maybe I shouldn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That's like being happy you got into the local community college.

look, i know we all have disagreements from time to time, but there's no reason to insult casimir about ohio state like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Casimir said:

Laugh all you want.  But the goal this season was to qualify for the playoffs.  They did.  Everything else is just gravy, and we should all be happy with it.

im happy they made the playoffs.  i think theyre stuck in no man's land moving forward, but who knows?  they could get lucky in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

look, i know we all have disagreements from time to time, but there's no reason to insult casimir about ohio state like that.

Champions of the west(ern parts of Europe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

im happy they made the playoffs.  i think theyre stuck in no man's land moving forward, but who knows?  they could get lucky in the draft.

That’s there best game plan right now.  Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair. My entire game plan on finding a girlfriend was based on luck. That turned out ok. Ok for me at least. Not so much for her maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That's the only game plan.

Luck in the draft or luck into a diamond in the rough via trade.

draft well and develop players.  that's how the spurs do it.  that's how brooklyn got to be decent again.  

its not all luck.

do the pistons have the organization in place to do that?  i dont know.  i have my doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It is luck to identify talent that other teams do not see or recognize.

That is my meaning.

i think some teams can take players of similar talent and turn them into productive players, either through discipline or coaching or management.  like the spurs.  the pistons havent shown an ability to do that consistently.

but there is a lot of luck in basketball (or any sport) too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...