Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 2: Pistons @ Bucks

my only point in that bit of sarcasm is that it always comes down to being able to evaluate players. Like 313 says, you can at least get better even without top picks and at some point maybe a trade or deal gives you the shot at a top pick or player. But if you you keep doing stupid stuff, nothing will ever get you out of purgatory. Between Dumars and SVG there has been more than enough stupid stuff to put us exactly where we are. There probably will not be any shortcuts to working off that legacy.

• Thanks 1

Getting Bruce Brown at #42 not having a 1st round pick is a nice feather in this front office's cap. Let's see if they can do as well with the 15th pick.

We’ll always have this to look back on. 

#playoffgamehalftimeleadpush

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

This Pistons are winning at halftime. 

That 2nd quarter defense looked good.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

my only point in that bit of sarcasm is that it always comes down to being able to evaluate players. Like 313 says, you can at least get better even without top picks and at some point maybe a trade or deal gives you the shot at a top pick or player. But if you you keep doing stupid stuff, nothing will ever get you out of purgatory. Between Dumars and SVG there has been more than enough stupid stuff to put us exactly where we are. There probably will not be any shortcuts to working off that legacy.

I don’t think anyone assumes higher draft picks automatically lead to better players.  The higher draft picks give better leverage, either with the draft pool talent choices or trade value.  The Pistons are going to need to cash in more often than not on their next few draft classes in order to be competitive given their salary issues.  And they also need to develop said talent.

Identify, acquire, develop.

Looks like reality is setting in here in the third.

Lot better effort in game 2, but the Pistons are now getting blown out. 

The crazy thing about Milwaukee’s dominance of the Pistons this year, is that when Giannis is off it seems there’s no let up. 

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Another tech on Blake

He seemed to have a lot of those this season.

Bruce Brown's energy seemed to be a factor in the 2nd quarter. He did not play in the 3rd when the game was taken over by Milwaukee. The coach fell asleep.

Classic Dre game. -32 while he was on the court. Put some empty stats on the board but played terribly in both ends and created so many lost possessions. We’re going nowhere with this kid on the roster. 

But hey, this is worth it because we’re learning something about players who won’t be here when we’re actually a  relevant team, right? Way more important than a higher draft pick. 

can we end the idea that the "going to work pistons" were not made up of high lottery picks?

chauncey, rasheed, and rip were all high lottery picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Buddha said:

can we end the idea that the "going to work pistons" were not made up of high lottery picks?

chauncey, rasheed, and rip were all high lottery picks.

Yes but they traded for them. The whole debate is about teams building around their own high draft picks.  

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Yes but they traded for them. The whole debate is about teams building around their own high draft picks.  

im pretty sure the whole debate is about everyone versus dc313.

and they signed Chauncey as a free agent.

speaking of that team, i was in line at o'hare on monday and who is standing behind me?  rip hamilton.  i turned around and said i was a big pistons fan and apologized for my four year old dawdling.  he was very nice.  and wearing a pistons cap.