Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 2: Pistons @ Bucks

Milwaukee is a ghastly -15.5

Money line is -3,003

I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger underdog in a playoff game.

I'd sit Blake. You aren't winning anyway. If the medical staff feels okay, he could play the home games.

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I'd sit Blake. You aren't winning anyway. If the medical staff feels okay, he could play the home games.

Agreed. Keep Blake healthy for next season, and expedite the impending sweep.

The Pistons have really screwed up the way they handled the Griffin injury.  First they said this:

So with him not playing that makes it look like he is just a guy that cant play through some pain.  Which is probably why in the past few days you keep hearing Blake (and Casey) say he would play if it were up to him.

"If it was my decision, I would've played," Griffin said.

That is how it should have been handled from the start.  Let the unnamed and faceless medical staff take the heat instead of the player who is in front of the cameras every day.  Even if Casey was 100% correct and it was just a matter of Blake managing the pain, shut up.  An organization should protect its players and do what it can to deflect heat away from them.  Not throw fuel on the fire.  

35 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Milwaukee is a ghastly -15.5

Money line is -3,003

I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger underdog in a playoff game.

2008 playoffs had Boston a -22.5 favorite over Miami.  They covered, winning 88-62.

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Still no series price for the Bucks-Pistons, completely taken off of the board.

Is this normal for a playoff series?

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Is this normal for a playoff series?

Probably in injury situations like this.  But the interesting thing is they posted a price knowing Blake was probably out.  Then kept it up even after it was announced he wouldn't play.  But took it down once the Pistons got blasted.  

Bovada usually has some really good lines.  Unfortunately they only allow $1,000 bets on spreads and $500 on the moneyline.  

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Bovada usually has some really good lines.  Unfortunately they only allow $1,000 bets on spreads and $500 on the moneyline.  

Where do you bet?

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Where do you bet?

Local.  I don't bet online.  

I did have a little bit of money online in the regular season for live betting.  Just trying it out since it seems to be the new thing and I can't do it locally.  

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

This game is another blowout.   Not 35 points but 20+

If you're talking about the first quarter, I agree.

5 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

That's ridiculous, you don't sit a star player purposely in a playoff game and concede a game no matter how dire it looks. That's a losers mentality.  Fans can think that way all they want but I doubt that management is thinking that way nor should they.

What are they saving him for exactly? It's not like his career will end if he plays a couple of playoff games. We all know they are outmatched but so what? If he's healthy enough, he needs to play. Gut it out, it's the freaking playoffs.

15 minutes ago, NYLion said:

That's ridiculous, you don't sit a star player purposely in a playoff game and concede a game no matter how dire it looks. That's a losers mentality.  Fans can think that way all they want but I doubt that management is thinking that way nor should they.

What are they saving him for exactly? It's not like his career will end if he plays a couple of playoff games. We all know they are outmatched but so what? If he's healthy enough, he needs to play. Gut it out, it's the freaking playoffs.

Agreed. To sit Blake now just makes this whole situation even worse. You should have moved some contracts for picks and sat him two months ago. But you didn't, so now you better put all the cards on the table. Otherwise you're just saying, "all we cared about was making the playoffs and who cares after that." That's garbage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Agreed. To sit Blake now just makes this whole situation even worse. You should have moved some contracts for picks and sat him two months ago. But you didn't, so now you better put all the cards on the table. Otherwise you're just saying, "all we cared about was making the playoffs and who cares after that." That's garbage.

Blake wants to play so play him.  All of this is so stupid. This isn't something that's career threatening from what we know so what exactly is the worry here? .

No sense playing him tomorrow. The Pistons are a side show, not a serious basketball team. Hope he can give you twenty minutes in front of the home crowd.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I only gamble for entertainment purposes only.

You would be entertained if you saw my results. ☹️

I would take that dumpster fire in 6 over Detroit. Assuming the dumpster fire was healthy.

15 hours ago, NYLion said:

So you risk injury in a guaranteed loss with an already injury prone player? That seems ridiculous to me. This isn't a rest day, it's an injury.