Keepleyland2

4/13 @2:10 Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins

Never thought I'd say this but: really missing Nico Goodrum's bat today...

Man, Candelario really nonchalanted that throw over the third. Nice scoop by Hicks.

H-e-double-toothpicks of an AB by Beckham to get on base.

Bullpen shot reveals Gardy’s pushbutton strategy: Jimenez if tied, Greene with the lead.

Wow, nice K pitch by Parker dropping into the zone from the sky.

J-Hay overmatched again to end the game.

Tigers now 8-6, on track for 93 wins.

Hey, I’m trying to be positive here.

• Like 1

Harisson in #1 hole is a problem...rather see Candy or Nico there at this point.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

J-Hay overmatched again to end the game.

Tigers now 8-6, on track for 93 wins.

Hey, I’m trying to be positive here.

Yep, getting close to relieving him of leadoff duty....it's pretty bad.

Top 3 hitters(Harrison, Candelario, Cabrera) are all slugging below .280 which isn't good.

Gardy was willing to let Mahtook work through his struggles, very tolerant of his problems. My take on Mahtook after reading Gardy’s comments is that Avila made the decision to DFA Mikie. I now wonder if Gardy is going to be slow to make meaningful adjustments to this lineup. Ross wasn’t great but there is no pressure on opposing pitchers.

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Gardy was willing to let Mahtook work through his struggles, very tolerant of his problems. My take on Mahtook after reading Gardy’s comments is that Avila made the decision to DFA Mikie. I now wonder if Gardy is going to be slow to make meaningful adjustments to this lineup. Ross wasn’t great but there is no pressure on opposing pitchers.

It was a bad lineup with Goodrum and Castellanos. So it's worse without 2 of their best hitters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

Top 3 hitters(Harrison, Candelario, Cabrera) are all slugging below .280 which isn't good.

I hope Josh Harrison doesn't turn out to be an 'old' 31. Couldn't see/catch up to the fastball.

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It's not a bad thing for a manager to let the GM be the heavy.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I hope Josh Harrison doesn't turn out to be an 'old' 31. Couldn't see/catch up to the fastball.

Still early, but thats the trend....maybe he'll heat up when the weather does.

What a drag. If not for their differently abled offense they could have won this game. I wish Cabrera could figure out how to hit again. 

57 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I hope if he is they move on from him by June 1 or so, give the spot to a kid.   Maybe a longer audition for Lugo?

33 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Grayson Greiner currently has an OPS+ of 1. Harrison's 14 OPS+ looks good by comparison. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Goofball Tiger!  He's so stoned that he doesn't even remember being at the game.

16 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Harisson in #1 hole is a problem...rather see Candy or Nico there at this point.

I suspect that Gardy is going to give Harrison a lot of leeway at the top of the order to allow him to work himself out of this predicament, maybe straight through to June. After all, Harrison is an established major leaguer, an recent All-Star in fact. There's no way they pull the plug on him anytime soon. As dunzo as he looks to us, the organization has invested a lot in him to do a specific job.

23 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Also its 80 degrees here at the beach again. IT'S TOO DAMN HOT!

You're a dick.  And I give you a standing ovation for it, too.