Keepleyland2

4/13 @2:10 Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins

18 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

The depth of this team is amazing, we can run that lineup of death out even with Casty and Niko not available.

It’s not like Castellanos has done much this year, but Niko has. This is also bad  

7CC9C3EA-8BC2-4DA1-8AC2-F50E62B44991.thumb.jpeg.099e858d41f44219941a2a3eadc2bc69.jpeg

• Like 1

So Mahtook officially out of the org? Don’t see him at Toledo but no updates? Thanks.

OMGoodness...

Watching the Boston-Baltimore game on MLB. Chris Davis came up with 2 outs and the bases loaded. They mentioned there are several establishments giving away free food and drinks if he gets a hit. Rick Porcello pitching. Davis 0 for 54. He got a base hit, knocking in 2 runs. Kept the ball while the Oriole bench went crazy. I'm telling you, you can't make this sheet up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1776 said:

So Mahtook officially out of the org? Don’t see him at Toledo but no updates? Thanks.

He got dfa'ed. So we got 10 days to trade him, release him or he can accept toledo. In the meantime he is in roster limbo

28 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

He got dfa'ed. So we got 10 days to trade him, release him or he can accept toledo. In the meantime he is in roster limbo

I guess if you are trying to get a guy back to AAA DFA'ing him in the middle of an 0 for forever streak is probably your best shot.

39 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s not like Castellanos has done much this year, but Niko has. This is also bad  

7CC9C3EA-8BC2-4DA1-8AC2-F50E62B44991.thumb.jpeg.099e858d41f44219941a2a3eadc2bc69.jpeg

So it would be safe to wager the under on # of Tiger pinch hitters today?   Asking for a friend.

43 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Why is it not norris? At least he can hit a bit.

5WWI.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

So it would be safe to wager the under on # of Tiger pinch hitters today?   Asking for a friend.

Maybe we could trade for Chris Davis and his multi-million dollar contract? /s

Barring an act of God or a collective “regression to the mean” upward, I don’t see much good coming out of this game. Maybe everybody’s DUE.  Yeah that’s it, that’s the ticket.

E28EE7C6-0D4B-446E-848F-C1C4CDDF37CA.thumb.jpeg.8528ad8cf70e10e6e24e906e99adc81a.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'd rather see Buck Farmer as an emergency position player than as an emergency pitcher.

This would be even funnier if it wasn't so true.

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

What is the babip for Ross? It seems like teams crush the ball against him but right at a fielder.

Looks like .241 so far, per baseball reference.  That won't hold.

23 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Is that something that has odds offered?

22 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

Is that something that has odds offered?

I''ll bet it is at some sports book.   You can usually wager on almost any aspect of a game.

0-0 after 2, Ross looking good again.

Is Matt Shepard getting a kickback every time he rattles off another, “Hall of Famer Jack Morris”? This happens 8-10x each telecast. You just know that Jack gets a rise out of these constant verbal servicings. Shep, maybe just one of these introductions at the onset of each game?

(The jock-sniffer just rattled off another as I was about to hit send.)

55 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'd rather see Buck Farmer as an emergency position player than as an emergency pitcher.

I was waiting to see what someone was going to do with that.  

Thanks for the stop-gap effort Ross, but your services will no longer be required after this season....if even that long.

not even able to get a lead off double runner to third base...classic

Well, that’s it for Jordy Mercer for at least a few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

not even able to get a lead off double runner to third base...classic

make that back to back innings! thats impressive suckyness

Mercer with a right quad strain.  I get those just vacuuming. I walk it off and he can too. 

• Like 2