2019 Red Wings Off Season Thread

Plenty of names cleared waivers today.  Among the somewhat notables were:

Josh Ho-Sang of the Islanders

Sven Baertschi of the Canucks

Luke Schenn of the Lightning

Sam Gagner of the Oilers

Daniel Sprong of the Ducks

24 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Well, one makes room for a player of Ericsson's caliber.

Ericsson must have compromising info on the Ilitch's to keep his roster spot.

Notes from Corey Pronman of the Athletic on prospects:

Jonatan Berggren (LW, Detroit) hasn’t been getting much ice time to start the season with Skelleftea and no power play time. With that said, he’s a highly skilled player so he is interesting and tough to figure out. 

Antti Tuomisto (D, Detroit) is dominating Finland’s junior league, as someone would expect for a player of his draft slot playing his third season at the level. I watched one game of his and thought he was impressive. He killed a lot of plays defensively with his reach and physicality. He won’t win a ton of races in the NHL, but his skating looked better with a cleaner stride than from what I remembered so I’ve bumped him up to a legit NHL prospect.

Taro Hirose (LW, Detroit) has been impressive whenever I’ve watched him during his camp. He looks a lot quicker, which along with his great skill and hockey sense has gone a long way. Scouts who have been watching him have also been quite complimentary of the player and his projection.

Joe Veleno (C, Detroit) has had an impressive camp. Apparently I agitated some folks by not pointing that out earlier.