Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 1: Pistons @ Bucks

That was tough to watch. But, somehow, I watched the whole thing.

Watched it on TNT. They were joking prior to the game that they'd have some entertaining jokes at halftime, so if for no other reason, stay glued to the game through the first half for the halftime entertainment. I'm shocked they didn't have the Pistons' "Going Fishing" picture plastered on the TV by halftime.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

So.  Did everyone run out and buy game #3 tickets?

I didn't. But, honestly, I wouldn't mind going to the game.

If Blake does not play in the next 3 games, do the Pistons keep a game within 20 points? Seriously. Do they reach 100 points in any game?

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

If Blake does not play in the next 3 games, do the Pistons keep a game within 20 points? Seriously. Do they reach 100 points in any game?

They did win the 4th quarter.  So, in the old ABA, I think that gets them 1 point in the standings to Milwaukee's 6 points (3 for winning a game and 3 for winning each of the other 3 quarters).

10 minutes ago, DTroppens said:

That was tough to watch. But, somehow, I watched the whole thing.

Watched it on TNT. They were joking prior to the game that they'd have some entertaining jokes at halftime, so if for no other reason, stay glued to the game through the first half for the halftime entertainment. I'm shocked they didn't have the Pistons' "Going Fishing" picture plastered on the TV by halftime.

How did TNT feel about the F2 on Drummond?

Can't wait until Gores writes off this playoff series to Blake being hurt instead of looking at it and saying that major changes are needed.

Just now, Casimir said:

How did TNT feel about the F2 on Drummond?

To be honest, I don't remember exactly. I think they supported it. He pushed him without any real intentional of a basketball play - it was the right call in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Can't wait until Gores writes off this playoff series to Blake being hurt instead of looking at it and saying that major changes are needed. 

And even if he writes it off that way, he's still wrong. Blake being hurt isn't that uncommon of a thing. If Blake is your piece your basing your team around, you have to realize that there's a pretty darn good chance he's not going to play large portions of the season due to injury. And it's not going to get any better - he's not getting younger.

Just now, DTroppens said:

And even if he writes it off that way, he's still wrong. Blake being hurt isn't that uncommon of a thing. If Blake is your piece your basing your team around, you have to realize that there's a pretty darn good chance he's not going to play large portions of the season due to injury. And it's not going to get any better - he's not getting younger.

CC Joel Embiid. 

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

They did win the 4th quarter.  So, in the old ABA, I think that gets them 1 point in the standings to Milwaukee's 6 points (3 for winning a game and 3 for winning each of the other 3 quarters).

Maybe the ABA did it that way as well, but I know the CBA used to give a point for a quarter won. I used to love looking at their standings to see if a team with a weaker record was ahead of a team with a better record because they won more quarters.

5 minutes ago, DTroppens said:

Maybe the ABA did it that way as well, but I know the CBA used to give a point for a quarter won. I used to love looking at their standings to see if a team with a weaker record was ahead of a team with a better record because they won more quarters.

Hmmmm.... Maybe I am thinking of the CBA?

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

CC Joel Embiid. 

It will be interesting to see if he ever plays 70 games in a season.

This is one of the "games" I used to play with my Sporting News subscription as a kid. Find players that seemingly never could put a full season together and try to guess how many games they'd end up playing. I remember tracking Bob Horner to see how many games he'd miss pretty much every season. The guy could hit, but he struggled to stay healthy enough to get 500 PAs pretty much every season, sometimes missing half of the season and stuff like that.

Andrew ended the game -45 which is a new record.  He beat out Draymond Green and his -43.  

14 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Andrew ended the game -45 which is a new record.  He beat out Draymond Green and his -43.  

We all want to make the record books!

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He did that in 26 minutes. Wow, that's really working the +/- stat in limited minutes.

50 minutes ago, DTroppens said:

It will be interesting to see if he ever plays 70 games in a season.

This is one of the "games" I used to play with my Sporting News subscription as a kid. Find players that seemingly never could put a full season together and try to guess how many games they'd end up playing. I remember tracking Bob Horner to see how many games he'd miss pretty much every season. The guy could hit, but he struggled to stay healthy enough to get 500 PAs pretty much every season, sometimes missing half of the season and stuff like that.

I don't see him playing 70. Even if he is relatively healthy, the organization will be sitting him throughout the season out of precaution. 

The Knicks currently hold the record for longest losing streak in the playoffs at 13.  If Milwaukee sweeps Detroit,  the Pistons will have lost 14 in a row.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Knicks currently hold the record for longest losing streak in the playoffs at 13.  If Milwaukee sweeps Detroit,  the Pistons will have lost 14 in a row.  

yeah well, at least were not philly!  those guys might win a playoff series but then what? they have to re-sign those good players!  ha!  losers.

• Haha 1

you guys are going to be eating a lot of crow when the pistons shock the world and win game 2.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

yeah well, at least were not philly!  those guys might win a playoff series but then what? they have to re-sign those good players!  ha!  losers.

Title or bust right? Philly ain't winning a title with this roster.

They should blow it up under The Process logic people love.