Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 1: Pistons @ Bucks

39 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Tom Gores is in the building. 

Is he going to suit up?

No way should Blake play Wednesday. If he’s healthy, he can play the home games. No reason to toss him out there to get his *** kicked. I’ll give them a prayer at LCA. They will not win in Milwaukee. Not a chance. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

And can we please get rid of these black jerseys? Awful. 

I agree, but at the same time, those awful things seem appropriate for this beat down.

I'll take the playoff experience on one condition.  It shows the PTB just how awful this team is and brings changes.

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

welp...that's what you get with blake griffin.

Which is still better than what you get from Drummond and Matador.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I'll take the playoff experience on one condition.  It shows the PTB just how awful this team is and brings changes.

It's a nice experience for Kennard and Brown. I'd be getting Thomas some minutes too, he's probably going to play a little bit next season.

You guys watch more than me so I will defer. But is Brown an NBA player?

In today's game im not sureyou can afford to have one player who can't score. if you do he better be a defensive player of the year candidate every single year and brown doesn't look that good on defense to me.

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I can understand the Pistons protecting their long term investment by holding Blake out of a series that they have pretty much zero chance in anyway; it just makes his high usage in the regular season seem sort of bad management in hindsight. Maybe the thinking was if they could get a higher seed they could land a 1st round series they had a shot in and Blake would be playing, but since they crashed at the end of the regular season that plan went down the drain?

Granted that is all sort of odd, but what isn't about this team?

28 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

In today's game im not sureyou can afford to have one player who can't score. if you do he better be a defensive player of the year candidate every single year and brown doesn't look that good on defense to me.

he's going to need to get a lot better on defense.

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he's going to need to get a lot better on defense.

not to mention that on the Pistons you already have an offensively challenged player in Drummond. I don't see how a team survives having 2.

33 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He's another Stanley.  Good but not great defensively, can't pee a drop offensively.

Thomas has more upside, I'd like to see him get more run next season.

UG LY

Man I could not even watch it was so bad.  I should have just given this guy my 100.00:

4d52aa05-5841-4929-a2e7-67bdbde3b316_scr

Had him take me around back and kick me in the nuts....it would have been quicker.

8 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

UG LY

Man I could not even watch it was so bad.  I should have just given this guy my 100.00:

4d52aa05-5841-4929-a2e7-67bdbde3b316_scr

Had him take me around back and kick me in the nuts....it would have been quicker.

should have known better than to wager against a Sicilian.

10 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

should have known better than to wager against a Sicilian.

Luckily death was not on the line.

Oh, we lost on the road to the best team in the NBA without our best player? If only we tanked like Philly so we could have an always injured/out of shape Center and a PG who can't shoot....

Lot of crappy games from our players, lot of adjustments needed. But Kennard showed me he can score when the lights are on, and that is giving me optimism about him. He is a guy who seems to run hot and cold with confidence in himself. So a good series (even if the team is getting beat) is great for him as he goes into year 3 with a green light to shoot. 

I think my playoff experience argument goes out the window in games like last nights.

You don't learn much about anything or anyone when you're down 25 before the first TV timeout.  

• Like 1