Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 1: Pistons @ Bucks

8 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Keep jacking up those threes Josh S...uh, I mean Thon Maker. 

Ironic last name for sure.

48 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Even better would’ve been to move some players and gather additional picks at the trade deadline and drop down to an even better pick. 

Agreed. But, that boat sailed long ago. It was either picking 12-14 or losing in the first round. Give me losing in the first round of those two selections.

The largest margin of victory in NBA playoff history is 58 points. Pistons are down 42 with 4:07 in the 3rd, and Drummond has been ejected. We could be watching history in the making. 

Why would the Bucks even have Giannis out there at this point?  

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Blake with a tech. Is it a clean slate for the playoffs? Because he’s close to a suspension. 

Yeah, it starts over.  Suspensions start at 7 techs in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Agreed. But, that boat sailed long ago. It was either picking 12-14 or losing in the first round. Give me losing in the first round of those two selections.

12-14 gives you lottery balls that could change your franchise. This butt kicking gives you nothing but embarrassment. Every position lower in the draft reduces your chances at finding a Star. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deleterious said:

Yeah, it starts over.  Suspensions start at 7 techs in the playoffs.  

Awesome. So he would have to get tossed from every game of the series basically. 

7 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The largest margin of victory in NBA playoff history is 58 points. Pistons are down 42 with 4:07 in the 3rd, and Drummond has been ejected. We could be watching history in the making. 

Pistons with a nice little run after Andre gets ejected to probably avoid this record.  

they really don't have to play these games...Give the bucks a couple mill for their gate in game 2 and give Gores a little bit of cash for game 3 and 4. 

40 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

And can we please get rid of these black jerseys? Awful. 

Can we please get rid of most of the players wearing the black jerseys? Awful

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

12-14 gives you lottery balls that could change your franchise. This butt kicking gives you nothing but embarrassment. Every position lower in the draft reduces your chances at finding a Star. 

A) I'll disagree a butt kicking gives you nothing.

B) And I'm all for more ping pong balls to a point. When you're basically sitting there going "you never know" that isn't much hope or reason not to make the playoffs. If we were talking about 7 more balls or playoffs your point would have more validity. We're talking about 2 percent vs. 0

There was a time not too long ago when the Pistons were playing well enough that making the playoffs was worthwhile.  We were even talking about who we wanted to face.  But the last 3 or 4 weeks have been brutal.  They have just been awful, even before the Blake injury problems.  

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

How is getting embarrassed in the playoffs beneficial?

Don't know about you, but sometimes I get my butt kicked on the softball field or at work it makes me try that much harder. To take a longer look at myself, to question some things. Just plugging along doesn't always create that spark. 

That's not to say it always works. But, sometimes losing a fight isn't the worst thing in the world and things can be learned from it. 

I don't know if this series does Milwaukee any good.  Even if they play a team that goes thru a grueling 7 game series, I always think it is good to be tested a little bit in the first round.  We may not even get a game this series that is in doubt at halftime. 

1 minute ago, Hart said:

There was a time not too long ago when the Pistons were playing well enough that making the playoffs was worthwhile.  We were even talking about who we wanted to face.  But the last 3 or 4 weeks have been brutal.  They have just been awful, even before the Blake injury problems.  

They were feasting on weak teams in that streak and we're shooting threes at an unsustainable rate.

biggest loss in nba playoff history is 58 points.

come on fellas, we can do this!

Just now, Buddha said:

biggest loss in nba playoff history is 58 points.

come on fellas, we can do this!

You're gonna go down go down big! 

Don't win 5 of the last 6 against the Royals and Twins

Wait what forum am I in again?

• Like 1

Just now, Keepleyland2 said:

Don't know about you, but sometimes I get my butt kicked on the softball field or at work it makes me try that much harder. To take a longer look at myself, to question some things. Just plugging along doesn't always create that spark. 

That's not to say it always works. But, sometimes losing a fight isn't the worst thing in the world and things can be learned from it. 

I don't think it's a matter of playing harder, they just aren't good enough. The only way I could see a playoff butt kicking being beneficial is if they were a young talented team with lots of growth potential. Not the case here obviously.

• Like 1

Good to see Khryi get some minutes.  As bad as our wings are, I don't understand why he hasn't at least gotten a little more of a chance.  

Just now, NYLion said:

I don't think it's a matter of playing harder, they just aren't good enough. The only way I could see a playoff butt kicking being beneficial is if they were a young talented team with lots of growth potential. Not the case here obviously.

As I said above, gonna disagree that a butt kicking does nothing. Even if your 88 years old. Sometimes you need a good butt kicking in life. Clearly you disageree. That's fine. I certainty thing moving from 14th to 15 in the draft is worth finding out.