Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 1: Pistons @ Bucks

35 minutes ago, Shelton said:

And bucks are -10000 right?

Yep.  $100 bet will win you a dollar.

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons to win the series are +2000.

This appears to track pretty close to the 4-5% probability that the pistons are getting at 538. 

It seems pretty fair. I could see the pistons winning one series if they played it 20 times.

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

This appears to track pretty close to the 4-5% probability that the pistons are getting at 538. 

It seems pretty fair. I could see the pistons winning one series if they played it 20 times.

Lets see if you think that after the series is over.

The only way they would win one is if Giannis was hurt.

29 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Pistons win a game. 

Yes, next year they will win a game.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Lets see if you think that after the series is over.

The only way they would win one is if Giannis was hurt.

Won’t tell us much, because they aren’t going to play it another 19 times. 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:34 AM, Sydney_Fife said:

7:10 tip on Sunday night.

4 days off for Griffin counting yesterday. Hopefully he can go.

I am actually a little excited to see playoff basketball.  I recorded it and will watch the first hour and a half or so, but GOT premiers the final season at 9pm.  I am not sure if I can wait to watch that.  I love big games (or just a baseball game) early on a Sunday...wish this would have been a 1pm start.  Even a 3:30 one.

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons to win the series are +2000.

+1100 to win the first game I think....I am not a betting man though and checking on Bovada it appears +1100 just for the one game.  That is enticing enough to drop 100.00 on.

8 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I am actually a little excited to see playoff basketball.  I recorded it and will watch the first hour and a half or so, but GOT premiers the final season at 9pm.  I am not sure if I can wait to watch that.  I love big games (or just a baseball game) early on a Sunday...wish this would have been a 1pm start.  Even a 3:30 one.

I don't see a scenario in which Blake doesn't suit up and give it a shot. The team has said he isn't going to injure himself more by playing right now. 

The man played his butt off all season for the playoffs. He isn't about to sit in a suit and watch. 

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

+1100 to win the first game I think....I am not a betting man though and checking on Bovada it appears +1100 just for the one game.  That is enticing enough to drop 100.00 on.

I didn't know anyone had listed a game line yet.  Everywhere I look has them off the board, probably waiting to hear if Blake is playing or not.

9 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I'm excited to see Drummond's growth. Does he play with full effort & show people he is a different player?

Does Kennard shoot the ball with confidence and do well enough on defense to show that he is going to be a good 6th Man next season?

Does Bruce Brown show flashes of being a good rotation player against real competition in the playoffs?

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I didn't know anyone had listed a game line yet.  Everywhere I look has them off the board, probably waiting to hear if Blake is playing or not.

xzyhIY2.png

3 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I don't see a scenario in which Blake doesn't suit up and give it a shot. The team has said he isn't going to injure himself more by playing right now. 

The man played his butt off all season for the playoffs. He isn't about to sit in a suit and watch. 

I cannot imagine a scenario either, unless he literally cannot run or cut on it.

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I'm excited to see Drummond's growth. Does he play with full effort & show people he is a different player?

Does Kennard shoot the ball with confidence and do well enough on defense to show that he is going to be a good 6th Man next season?

Does Bruce Brown show flashes of being a good rotation player against real competition in the playoffs?

My hope is that Drummond just straight up goes beast mode, taking over the game.  Waiting for the playoffs to just unleash everything he is capable of.

Blake will go but I can definitely see him sitting the first game for more rest.  But no way he doesn't give it a go at least once.

With the extra prep and practice time, I wont be shocked if Detroit plays some zone against Milwaukee.  Especially with Snell, Brogdon, and Mirotic out.

1 minute ago, John_Brian_K said:

That is on my computer screen right now.

Damn it.  I saw they had no spread for the game and didn't scroll down to the moneyline.  The ML is there, my bad.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Blake will go but I can definitely see him sitting the first game for more rest.  But no way he doesn't give it a go at least once.

To Griffin's "advantage", he'll have 4 days off before Sunday's game and there are 2 days off in between game 1 to game 2 and game 2 to game 3.  After that, however, its only single days off in between games.

James Edwards mentioned on the radio today that he ideally needs a couple of weeks off.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Damn it.  I saw they had no spread for the game and didn't scroll down to the moneyline.  The ML is there, my bad.

No biggie.  I just took a flyer.  100.00 to win 1100.00 is EXACTLY the kind of bet I like to place.  Since I only make like 1-2 of these a year I can afford to go for the gold and hope for a miracle.

It will make watching the game more exciting that is for sure.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

With the extra prep and practice time, I wont be shocked if Detroit plays some zone against Milwaukee.  Especially with Snell, Brogdon, and Mirotic out.

Actually, I was kind of wondering about that.  It gives Milwaukee a different look to deal with, might help Griffin with his knee, might help Drummond with his sometimes early foul trouble.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I'd like to see them give it a shot. Casey used it in Dallas as a young assistant coach when the Mavs beat the Heat in the finals.

Also - it appears Mirotic may be ready for Game 1. 

On 4/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Sydney_Fife said:

Stat of the year?

Pistons were +171 in 3,291 minutes without Calderon, and -172 in 632 minutes with Calderon. 

Did the Pistons end up -1 point on the season?