Sydney_Fife

Round 1, Game 1: Pistons @ Bucks

7:10 tip on Sunday night.

4 days off for Griffin counting yesterday. Hopefully he can go.

Bucks depth chart, DiVincenzo and Brogdon are out. Seems like Snell will miss at least game one. They'll be down 3 wings potentially.

PG: Bledsoe, George Hill

SG: Sterling Brown, Connaughton

SF: Middleton

PF: Giannis, DJ Wilson

C:: Lopez, Mirotic

Ilyasova and Pau Gasol give them some depth up front. Tim Frazier gives them guard depth.

Gasol hasn't played for a month. Given his age and injury, I am not sure he will get on the court.

Mirotic hasn't played for close to a month as as well. The Bucks are "hopeful" he is ready for Game 1.

Bucks swept the Pistons 4-0 this season. Bledsoe averaged 20/6 on 51 percent shooting against us in those 4 games. I think you have to put Brown on him, Ellington on Middleton, Jackson on their SG. 

I would consider putting Drummond on Giannis and Blake on Lopez. I know it's unconventional, but Brook always gives Andre problems. 

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Gasol hasn't played for a month. Given his age and injury, I am not sure he will get on the court.

Mirotic hasn't played for close to a month as as well. The Bucks are "hopeful" he is ready for Game 1.

That is why Gasol is listed as "depth" lol.

Ersan can step into Niko's role if he's still out.

Bucks will likely be cautious with Snell and Mirotic.

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I remember that when he was acquired, there was mentioning that the move was more for leadership and playoff presence rather than on court contribution.

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

That is why Gasol is listed as "depth" lol.

Ersan can step into Niko's role if he's still out.

Bucks will likely be cautious with Snell and Mirotic.

How is he depth if he isn't even healthy? 

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Bucks swept the Pistons 4-0 this season. Bledsoe averaged 20/6 on 51 percent shooting against us in those 4 games. I think you have to put Brown on him, Ellington on Middleton, Jackson on their SG. 

I would consider putting Drummond on Giannis and Blake on Lopez. I know it's unconventional, but Brook always gives Andre problems. 

Towards the end of the year teams were starting to guard Giannis with their C and he was eating them alive.  Drummond moves better than a lot of C's so it might work better with him.  Plus a gimpy Blake trying to defend Giannis isn't a pretty picture.  

I think the best strategy is to let Giannis get his and attempt to shut down the other 4 guys.  

1 minute ago, 313DetroitCity said:

How is he depth if he isn't even healthy? 

Didn't realize he was actually hurt, just figured he was getting DNP-CD's

Just now, Deleterious said:

Towards the end of the year teams were starting to guard Giannis with their C and he was eating them alive.  Drummond moves better than a lot of C's so it might work better with him.  Plus a gimpy Blake trying to defend Giannis isn't a pretty picture.  

I think the best strategy is to let Giannis get his and attempt to shut down the other 4 guys.  

Reggie on Giannis!

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Agreed. And whatever happens, Andre cannot get in foul trouble. 

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, that's probably it.  But is the rest of the Piston team good enough to hold down the other Bucks?

Pistons finished 41-41. 26-15 at LCA. 15-26 away. 

25th in points per game. 7th in points allowed per game.

Pistons finished 22nd in 3 point percentage. 9th in 3 point percentage defense.

Drummond finished at 59 % from the free throw line.

Blake played 75 games. Ended up averaging 24/7/5 on 46 percent shooting. 36 from distance on 7 attempts per game. 75 percent at the line.

Jackson was the only Piston to play in all 82 games. Wow.

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

Yeah, that's probably it.  But is the rest of the Piston team good enough to hold down the other Bucks?

You have a better chance of convincing Milwaukee players this series is being played at The Bradley Center and The Palace.  

Stat of the year?

Pistons were +171 in 3,291 minutes without Calderon, and -172 in 632 minutes with Calderon. 

Thon Maker might play an important role in this series. He has familiarity with the Bucks' system and his length will be important to at least throw a body on some of their guys. 

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Wait, Gasol is on the Bucks? I had no idea.

Spurs bought him out around the deadline. He signed onto the Bucks in the hopes of getting minutes on the court but got injured soon after. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

Bucks in three

This reminds me of 2004 when the pistons were facing the lakers and I was living in LA. I could hardly go anywhere without hearing “lakers in four” directed at me leading up to game 1. Then after we took game 1 it became lakers in five. Then they won game 2, so lakers in five endured. Next thing it was lakers in six, then lakers in seven.

we had a fun time asking “lakers in 8?” of the various lakers fans while we sipped ****ty champagne

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

Bucks in three

Are you going quicker if Griffin is out?

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons to win the series are +2000.

And bucks are -10000 right?