Sydney_Fife

2019 NBA Playoffs

I think I read GSW will have 9 days off before the finals start.  Maybe some of them will get bored and retire by then.

Kawhi makes his case as the best player in the league.

Bucks way overrated.

Giannis overrated.  Get a jumper young fella.

Bledsoe is absolute garbage.  People questioned why I didn't want him here.  This is why.  Enjoy that new extension especially if it means they cant afford to keep Middleton.  

GSW will and should be big favorites.  But Toronto isn't totally out of it.  I would still pick the Warriors in 5.

Series price GSW -300 Toronto +240.  Seems about right, unfortunately.  

Game 1 line.  GSW -1.5 and the  ML is GSW -125 TOR +105.  

A lot of money to be made on that game line if you get in fast before it moves.  

So now that the Bucks have been eliminated, the Pistons can go after Antetokuomnpo, or is there a trade moratorium during the finals?

29 minutes ago, Casimir said:

So now that the Bucks have been eliminated, the Pistons can go after Antetokuomnpo, or is there a trade moratorium during the finals?

Teams not currently in the playoffs can make trades until the last game of the finals.

Just now, Deleterious said:

Teams not currently in the playoffs can make trades until the last game of the finals.

Thanks.  For some reason I thought the NBA refused for any official business during the finals that did not pertain to the finals.

6 hours ago, Casimir said:

I would wait until Antetokounmpo becomes a free agent. Once you show him Greektown is within walking distance of Little Caesars Arena, he'll be sold.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Series price GSW -300 Toronto +240.  Seems about right, unfortunately.  

Game 1 line.  GSW -1.5 and the  ML is GSW -125 TOR +105.  

A lot of money to be made on that game line if you get in fast before it moves.  

Line has moved a lot.  GSW is now the dog at +1.

39 minutes ago, Buddha said:

warriors have had a lot of time off.

They have had extended time off before going into the finals and were fine.  At this time of year rest is always better than no rest.  Both teams should be well rested for Thursday.

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They have had extended time off before going into the finals and were fine.  At this time of year rest is always better than no rest.  Both teams should be well rested for Thursday.

i'd expect them to be rusty in game one but to eventually win in 5 or 6.

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i'd expect them to be rusty in game one but to eventually win in 5 or 6.

Certainly possible.

In 2017 they finished the conference finals on May 22nd and started the finals on June 1st.  They beat Cleveland in game 1 113-91.

In 2015 they finished/started on May 27th/June 4th and won game 1 108-100.  

Cleveland had long rest times in both years too.  So who knows.  I think Toronto is in a lot of trouble.  Would be nice to get a real series and see if KD makes it back or not.

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Certainly possible.

In 2017 they finished the conference finals on May 22nd and started the finals on June 1st.  They beat Cleveland in game 1 113-91.

In 2015 they finished/started on May 27th/June 4th and won game 1 108-100.  

Cleveland had long rest times in both years too.  So who knows.  I think Toronto is in a lot of trouble.  Would be nice to get a real series and see if KD makes it back or not.

IDK, I sort of get the impression KD is done for the playoff regardless of long it goes and they are just leaving open a door that aint gonna be walked through.

21 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK, I sort of get the impression KD is done for the playoff regardless of long it goes and they are just leaving open a door that aint gonna be walked through.

We'll see.  Generally when they start discussing his status in single games then he is close to returning.  I know he hasn't started practicing with the full team yet.  But not sure that matters in the playoffs, they aren't going to work him back slow like the regular season.  

Warriors win either way so not a big deal to me if he plays or not.  I'm more interested to see if OG plays or not.

I'll be rooting for Toronto, mostly because they aren't Golden State, even though I don't hate them as much as long as KD isn't playing. Still, I expect it to be a sweep, or a Gentleman's Sweep (4-1) at best. The NBA finals happened a few weeks ago.

I think the Raptors get 1 or 2. They'll get Curry to have at least one bad game IMO. He's too hot with too much of a load on him and the Raptors can play D

The Warriors will probably win this in 6 or less but the Raptors do present some matchup problems with perimeter length which will make it tougher on the 3 point shooters. It's the opposite of the Blazers who were too small on the perimeter to shoot over the Warriors length and defend them.

Either way, the Warriors experience and chemistry will be too much to overcome. 

I used to think length bothered GSW, but it doesn't.  Look at how far out they start their PnR.   They do that to negate length.  Put those longer, slower guys out on an island and use their speed to get around them.  Playing the role of Kevin Love this series will be Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka.  It wouldn't shock me if both of them are out of the rotation by the end of the series.  When playing, GSW will hunt both of those guys on a regular basis.  

This series is all about game 1.  If Toronto wins it might have something cooking.  Lose, and the sweep looks real.  

Best case for me, Toronto wins game 1 and the series price drops big for the Warriors.  

I'll say Warriors in 6.  Toronto wins close games in games 1 & 5, loses a close game 4, and gets beaten relatively easily in the other 3.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I used to think length bothered GSW, but it doesn't.  Look at how far out they start their PnR.   They do that to negate length.  Put those longer, slower guys out on an island and use their speed to get around them.  Playing the role of Kevin Love this series will be Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka.  It wouldn't shock me if both of them are out of the rotation by the end of the series.  When playing, GSW will hunt both of those guys on a regular basis.  

This series is all about game 1.  If Toronto wins it might have something cooking.  Lose, and the sweep looks real.  

Best case for me, Toronto wins game 1 and the series price drops big for the Warriors.  

The thing with Toronto is that they are long and mobile so I don't see them getting beat with speed a lot. In addition to Gasol and Ibaka, you have Siakam and Leonard who can guard multiple positions. They have length and athleticism across the board.  Similar to Golden State, they have enough perimeter defenders to shelter Lowry (Curry).

My issue with Toronto is their offense which outside of one guy, is inconsistent. The Warriors just have too many consistent shot makers but I do think the Raptors D will cause them fits at times. They won't be able to PnR them to death like they did to Portland.