Sydney_Fife

2019 NBA Playoffs

Spurs are +200 +5.5 for game 7.  I sort of think they might win.  Denver hasn't been playing well for weeks now, before the playoffs even started.  Very young team in a game 7, not good.  

I'm really looking forward to watching Kawhi guard Ben Simmons this series.  I think it might get ugly for Simmons.  

• Like 1

I always want to join the Freemasons when I watch a Denver game with their center court logo.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-05-at-3.36.09-PM.png

• Haha 1

I don't understand that at all.

Down 4 with a 4 second difference between the shot and game clock. How do you not foul? A miss and rebound leaves you 90 feet from the basket and down 4. You have to foul there.

Didn't notice last night, but it appears Pop did want them to foul.  The players were just brain dead.  

https://streamable.com/r6mpy

Even the announcers seem out of it.  Listen to how shocked he is DeRozan doesn't get a shot off.  Well, what is the point being down 4.

• Like 1

Portland series price +120.  I honestly would have listed them as favorites.  Good value there.

Giannis on the floor, Kyrie and Horford off and the Celtics were +7.  That is trouble for Milwaukee.  

Celtics up 15 after the Baynes 3 pointer.  

Milwaukee with a Pistons shaped hangover. They weren’t ready for the actual playoffs. 

NBA finals starting right now at Oracle. 

• Haha 1

Did Milwaukee look rusty?  In their defense, they've had about two weeks off.

someone please beat houston so i dont have to watch james harden and houston anymore.  or listen to them *****.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

Did Milwaukee look rusty?  In their defense, they've had about two weeks off.

Boston clinched the day before Milwaukee did.

They looked like a team who had no answer when Giannis had the paint taken away from him.  

Zach Lowe had something interesting this week.  The entire gameplan of the Bucks defense is to take away the rim and three point shot, giving teams the mid-range.  Guess what Bostons offense does really well?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

someone please beat houston so i dont have to watch james harden and houston anymore.  or listen to them *****.

They were hosed today.  All three of these were called all year.  Why stop in the playoffs?

https://streamable.com/8n6m9

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They were hosed today.  All three of these were called all year.  Why stop in the playoffs?

https://streamable.com/8n6m9

that seems pretty clear - he rolled right into him. But what's new? NBA officiating has always been suspect for encouraging or discouraging certain types of play or players over the years.  Still, playoffs are bad time to decide to make your point. If Houston is right and it's a generational thing with the refs that would be curious -  why wouldn't older refs in particular not like threes, or maybe just Harden?

look, the boy who cried wolf is now mad that the refs arent too trigger happy with the whistle.

harden asked for this stuff with his antics over the years, jumping into players, kicking out his legs on threes, etc.

What Harden has or has not done in the past isn't interesting to me at all.  I just want a properly reffed contest.  And I say that as someone with money on GSW.

• Like 1

I couldn’t believe the lack of calls when watching it. The announcers and even Steve Javie were all saying they were bad calls and even could have been called flagrant in today’s NBA. That’s the Leonard call and it’s automatic in the NBA. Rockets got done in by the officials, it was so blatant it makes you wonder if there was money in someone’s pocket. 

Yeah, ever since Donaghy I always start to wonder if the fix is in when you see something so abnormal.  Especially since all season long they have been so consistent making that very same call.  

Maybe the Pistons should go back and review the calls from the 2005 Game 7 loss to the Spurs.  Or some of those Eastern Conference Finals losses to Lebron.  Or the '87 and '88 game seven losses in the Conference and NBA finals.  

This is just annoying and no matter how much they get screwed, the fact they have made this the main story ensures that I will be rooting against them the rest of the playoffs.