Sydney_Fife

2019 NBA Playoffs

the way the nhl does its playoffs is so much better than the nba.  the nba drags these things out so unnecessarily long.

A day of upsets.

Toronto will be OK.  Philly might be in trouble and I think Denver is as well.  Denver has struggled for a few weeks now.

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That will be a story.  Amir Johnson is inactive but on the bench.  He pulled out his cell phone and was showing text messages to Embiid.

This may be a bad look, but I'm not going to pretend that this doesn't happen in other sports.  Baseball, in particular, where the dugouts are such that someone could go down the tunnel and check a phone.

And while fans are going to cite professionalism and why are these guys slacking on the job, how many of same fans are checking on family/friends/sports during their workday?

If this was going on constantly throughout a game or during an intense/critical part of the game, I suppose that's one thing.  But if this is during Embiid's first time to the bench or a timeout in play, that's another.  Maybe Johnson should have been more discreet and/or kept the phone to himself.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

DJ ******* Augustin.

Would he be a better fit on the Pistons than Matador?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

This may be a bad look, but I'm not going to pretend that this doesn't happen in other sports.  Baseball, in particular, where the dugouts are such that someone could go down the tunnel and check a phone.

And while fans are going to cite professionalism and why are these guys slacking on the job, how many of same fans are checking on family/friends/sports during their workday?

If this was going on constantly throughout a game or during an intense/critical part of the game, I suppose that's one thing.  But if this is during Embiid's first time to the bench or a timeout in play, that's another.  Maybe Johnson should have been more discreet and/or kept the phone to himself.

You're right that every fan has checked his phone while at work.  But there are certain times they absolutely can't be on their phone.  That could be some meeting with their manager/boss/client/vendor/etc.  

Nobody is saying a word if Johnson is sitting in the cooldown tank and pulls out his phone.  Or during a workout he sends a text.  But during the game is his time he absolutely can't be on his phone.  

Plus, the league does have a no cell phone on the bench policy.  

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Would he be a better fit on the Pistons than Matador?

No.  Well, maybe now that they have Griffin you could make that argument.  But at the time he was traded for Jackson, it wasn't the case.  Augustin is a bench/role player, not the guy you want out front running the PnR 20 times a game like they originally did with Reggie.  Plus, his defense is just as bad if not worse than Jackson's.  He just has better guys behind him rotating to cover up for him.  

I’m more surprised that Amir Johnson has managed to stay in the league for 14 years.   

Pop passed Lenny Wilkins last night for the all time win total in league history.  

Harris is ahead of DLo there. It had to be clear path.

Ok they called clear path, good.

Four minutes into the third quarter and Philly is up 20. They were up one at halftime.

8 hours ago, Betrayer said:

What a turnaround from game 1. 

I am sure the Pistons have taken note.

Me: Clippers down 23 at the half, time to turn this off and get to bed early.

Lou Williams: Sucker.

They were down 31 points with 7:31 left in the third quarter, and come back to win?  Maybe I should turn the Pistons game off early tomorrow.

Demarcus Cousins goes out with a quad injury.  The fear is that he tore it.  If so...that's it for him.

28 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Demarcus Cousins goes out with a quad injury.  The fear is that he tore it.  If so...that's it for him.

That's rough for him. He rehabbed and worked himself into shape all season for this playoff run. It was his chance to help a team win a title & to prove his value for a big contract. This sets him back significantly. 

• Like 1

watching greg monroe try to play nba basketball is painful.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

watching greg monroe try to play nba basketball is painful.

Watching any traditional big is painful. Adams, Gobert, both fine players but both struggling. 

If you're in the west with Steph, Harden, CJ, Dame, etc. I don't see how you pay a traditional big man.