Sydney_Fife

2019 NBA Playoffs

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Someone already made the banner.

I guess the 2004 team came out to raise it.

tbx51zjqw8431.png

Nice.  They even got the championship belts out for it, too.

With no Lebron in the East and having Kawhi does Casey lead the Raps to the championship?

Kawhi is a luxury Casey never had. But his weakness was always in game/series adjustments.  The Raptors made huge defensive adjustments against Milwaukee going into game 3 on how they defended Giannis.  I'm not sure Casey makes those adjustments and if not, Milwaukee might be on their way to a sweep.

Del, do you think the Raptors win had it not been for the injuries?

Meaning Durant comes back game 5 and does not get injured and Klay does not get injured in game 6.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Del, do you think the Raptors win had it not been for the injuries?

Meaning Durant comes back game 5 and does not get injured and Klay does not get injured in game 6.

If Durant is healthy the entire series I think Golden State wins pretty easy.  That third scoring option opens up so many thing for the Warriors.  The ability to put three guys on the court who can legit go for 50 any night is amazing.  Most teams don't even have one guy that can do, including Toronto.  

As gifted as Curry is, he isn't the greatest on the ball scorer.  He is much more effective running off and around screens.  Harder to do that when one of your primary ball handlers is out.

If Klay plays game 3 and doesn't get hurt in game 6?  I don't know. 

Toronto was better than I thought, so I don't want to take anything away from them.  But the Warriors lack depth this year.  Take two of any teams best three players away and its a struggle.  Klay was on his way to a huge game when he got hurt last night.  30 points in 10-12 less minutes than Curry and Green.  I think Curry was 1-6 from the field in the 4th.  I think they win last night but who knows about game 7.  I would rate this one a coin flip if Klay stays healthy.  

Sounds like he didn't do it.  But lets say he did do it.  Would Lowry be calling for Masai to receive a lifetime ban?  When an owner pushed him he said we didn't need guys like that in the league.  I assume we also don't need guys in the league who assault police officers at a game.  

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

sad but true that it's pretty easy to believe people today who say the police are lying. But the situation with cops is actually very similar to the situation with preachers. There is a certain segment of people whose thought process runs that a preacher is doing God's work, he can't be a bad guy, and likewise there is a thought process that since the cops are out there 'protecting us' - doing society's good work, that that somehow that means they must be more honorable or trustworthy than the average Joe. Cops and Preachers both take advantage of this situation. Of course, it's true in neither case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Toronto will be giving Greg Monroe a championship ring.

They are also giving one to Delon Wright.  Which means the Gasol brothers are not the only brothers with a championship ring.