Sydney_Fife

2019 NBA Playoffs

I think the Pelicans might have been interested in Cousins, but nobody else was, not even Golden State.  He had his agent approach Golden State to get the ball rolling because he wasn't even on their radar at the time.  He also only signed for 1 year and $5M.  Healthy he was going to get 4/$130M.  All 30 teams will sign Durant if he is willing to sign a 1/$5M contract, but that means giving up over $25M this year.  No point in that since he wont even play.

The problem for Durant is he has to exercise/decline his option before free agency starts.  So he cant sit there and weigh his offers before deciding which way to go.

Just rehab this year, collect $32M to do so, and enter free agency next summer healthy and ready to play.  A team might throw big money at him then for 2-3 years.

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

amazing. And that is exactly the maneuver that does it - a deep side angled push off that loads the tendon from the corner instead of across its full width.

One positive for Durant is that it is his right leg and not the left.   Since he jumps off his left foot and is predominantly a one legged jumper it shouldn't effect his explosion around the basket.   Still going to effect his game of course but I think it would be worse if he was more of a two-foot jumper like guys like Kobe or Jordan were or if it was was on his left leg.  

It's by far the worst injury for a basketball player.  Brandon Jennings is 28 years old and isn't even in the league anymore.  He was never a star obviously, but before the injury he was a legit NBA player.  Then you have a guy like Nique who came back and averaged 29.9 PPG the year after his injury.  

I think the most important thing to take away from last night is the fact I'm still alive to not lose my *** on this dumb series.  

Being fair, I'm not sure TV was invented the last time the Leafs made the Cup Finals.  

NBA Finals 2019: Game 5 reaches record 13.4 million Canadians, becomes most-watched program on television this year

Game 5 of the NBA Finals reached 13.4 million Canadians and averaged 6.4 million viewers on Rogers Sportsnet and Citytv.

It's the most watched program ever for Rogers Media and also the biggest audience ever for an NBA game in the country.

Other than Olympic broadcasts, which typically bring in massive viewership numbers, Monday's game ranks in the Top 10 most-watched sports broadcasts on record in Canada.

The most remarkable number may be just this: Game 5 was the most-watched program on Canadian television this broadcast and calendar year, eclipsing the finale of the hit show the Big Bang Theory by 11%.

I try to put myself in Canadian fans shoes to figure how I would react and I'm not sure I would really care.   Like it seems like all of Canada is going crazy for the Raptors but if I didn't live in or by Toronto I don't know how much I would care.

Like if say the NHL was entirely run out of Canada with the exception of a NY based team I'm not sure if I would get that excited or care if that team made the Stanley Cup finals.  I don't know, it's just a situation that I can't really put myself in or wrap my head around so who really knows.  

I think Americans as a group take less pride for want of a better word for the accomplishments of a countryman or a team than many other countries, Canada included.

There are exceptions to that rule.

Congrats to the Raptors.    A couple of my friends went to Windsor to watch the game, they sent me vids of the streets and people celebrating, now I wish I would've went.   

Klay Thompson tore his ACL.  Assuming he's out till atleast the break and Durant is out most or all of the season(assuming he opts in) I wonder if GS will struggle to make the playoffs?   Watch them end up like the Robinson-less Spurs did and get a top pick and end up with a franchise altering player.  

Twitter is speculating that the Wizards are prepared to offer Ujiri upwards of 10 million dollars.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Is it just me, or has this Finals been chock full of weird drama that wasn't necessarily directly related to the play on the court?

Drake.

The pushy Warriors co-owner.

Beyonce and the majority owner's wife.

Toronto fans giving Curry's family grief.

Now this.

Have to say the actual ending to the game was so anti-climatic.    I mean the closing minutes were great but the actual end sucked with the refs spending a few minutes reviewing that foul to Kawhi and making him having to shoot essentially meaningless free throws.   When Breen made the final call you would've thought that the Raptors just won a run of the mill regular season game not the NBA Championship. 

the only good thing about the raptors winning is that the rest of the country now gets to see what a bunch of *** holes canadians really are.  not the nice and polite to your face canadians that everyone thinks exist, but the drunk canadian sports fans that any of us who are hockey fans have seen for years.

Torn ACLs in back to back games, that's ridiculous. Some people on this chat forum that I frequent were saying that Klay was faking the injury, the stupid idiots.

I can't believe they have the Knicks with the 5th best odds to win the championship. Do they think they're going to land Davis and Kyrie?

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the only good thing about the raptors winning is that the rest of the country now gets to see what a bunch of *** holes canadians really are.  not the nice and polite to your face canadians that everyone thinks exist, but the drunk canadian sports fans that any of us who are hockey fans have seen for years.

Canadian sports fans have been notoriously rowdy for decades. I don't know where this kind and gentle rep came from. Sports fans are a much different breed than regular people.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Twitter is speculating that the Wizards are prepared to offer Ujiri upwards of 10 million dollars.  

Woj reporting this, and there is also word they could offer him ownership stake. Tough to turn down that kind of money.

And given Masai's interests in making basketball the most dominant global sport, he could have a lot of international connections available to him in DC.

So, since Toronto won the finals and Detroit swept Toronto 3-0 this season, will Gores put up another banner next to the 2019 Playoff Participant banner?

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

Torn ACLs in back to back games, that's ridiculous. Some people on this chat forum that I frequent were saying that Klay was faking the injury, the stupid idiots.

I can't believe they have the Knicks with the 5th best odds to win the championship. Do they think they're going to land Davis and Kyrie?

Better question is who would bet on the Knicks?  They have the potential to add some amazing talent this summer with room for two max contracts.  But its the Knicks and recent history says they will totally blow it.

Philly, Lakers, and Denver are three to put some money on.  I doubt any of the three actually win, but the odds make them attractive if you're looking for long shots.

Klay was great when he played.

Should be noted, this is also a contract year for him.  So he enters free agency injured.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

So, since Toronto won the finals and Detroit swept Toronto 3-0 this season, will Gores put up another banner next to the 2019 Playoff Participant banner?

Someone already made the banner.

I guess the 2004 team came out to raise it.

tbx51zjqw8431.png

• Thanks 1

The odds my book is giving are a lot different.

Milwaukee Bucks
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Clippers
Houston Rockets
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors
Boston Celtics
Golden State Warriors
Denver Nuggets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Brooklyn Nets
New York Knicks