Keepleyland2

4/11 @1:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

Goooo Pistons!!!! err I mean, once it warms up this team will rake! /s

They let this one go in an effort to save some bullets in Shane Greene's arm for tomorrow, May 11th's, game in Minnesota.🔫

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Get ready for the 4-5 game losing streak.  It is coming.

If they keep hitting like they are, it could be similar to last year and it could turn into a 10 or 11 gamer.

The pitching and D have been stellar thus far and hopefully that keeps up so they won't have that long losing streak

If we aren't careful, they might not win a game the rest of the season.

In fact, if they don't score more than they did today, I find it hard to believe they can find a way to win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Walewander said:

I had a feeling we'd lose when I saw we weren't scoring any runs.

Yep, Mahtook’s exit leaves a huge hole in the offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If we aren't careful, they might not win a game the rest of the season.

In fact, if they don't score more than they did today, I find it hard to believe they can find a way to win.

Just need to get the defensive runs saved to exceed the lack of production and we'll be fine.

• Like 1

Coming into the season I actually thought the offense wouldn't be that bad. 

Of course I was banking on Cabrera being good, Candelario taking a step forward, Nick having a solid year and Stewart atleast giving us some pop and maybe a low .800 ops.  None of that has happened obviously. 

17 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Well, the Tigers hung around by playing some good D and getting some key outs, but the bats were absolutely miserable again in the uninspiring 4-0 loss.  

Still amazed that they 8-5 thus far.

Turnbull was decent enough

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Coming into the season I actually thought the offense wouldn't be that bad. 

Of course I was banking on Cabrera being good, Candelario taking a step forward, Nick having a solid year and Stewart atleast giving us some pop and maybe a low .800 ops.  None of that has happened obviously. 

At least Goodrum has turned into JD Martinez.

This one really hurt.  I want the ether-meth of a 5 game winning streak again.  I want to feel like this team could go nuts and start buying. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kdog said:

Tomorrow's game postponed in Minnesota due to snow and cold. Rescheduled to a doubleheader on May 11th. Weather should be ok by Saturday.

Oh lord - the dreaded in-season day off.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

What changes should be made?

EDIT: Not intended as a snarky remark.

depends on what the Mudhen's stat lines look like in a few weeks. Obviously the worst performing bat in in the line-up has just been removed - which is a start. If JaCoby gets one hit he has improved the lineup......:wink:

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

You want voodoo? There’s an app for that. 

A8A8F322-118A-4FD0-ACDB-40B555E3F233.thumb.jpeg.5524443274f0d1492e613dcebdc387fe.jpeg

Evil is highly overrated. I have never seen a meaningful statistical correlation between my embrace of evil and getting things I want.  Not only is evil bad in and of itself, it does not produce the mundane practical benefits it is alleged to stimulate. This is two strikes and you’re out as far as I’m concerned. 

5 hours ago, kdog said:

Tomorrow's game postponed in Minnesota due to snow and cold. Rescheduled to a doubleheader on May 11th. Weather should be ok by Saturday.

This totally screws up our Big Mo. This will probably be the equivalent of the long lay off before the 2006 World Series. We are doomed.  Tomorrow’s game was also to be their “Game of Thrones Theme Night.”  It would’ve been a beautiful sight in the snow. 

6 hours ago, 1776 said:

Yep, Mahtook’s exit leaves a huge hole in the offense.

Very bummed about this. I really wanted Mahtook to challenge Chris Davis' futility streak. But it would have gotten tougher, seeing as though Davis still is hitless through 61 PAs.

10 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

Get ready for the 4-5 game losing streak.  It is coming.

Optimist! I see your 4-5 game losing streak and double it to 8-10 losses in a row.  I just hope they only have one of these streaks this season. They have had more talented teams than this one reel off losing streaks that could  convert Gandhi to terrorism. 

10 hours ago, six-hopper said:

Just another three-hit no-run performance.  Move along, nothing to see here.

Perhaps a show of hands from those that expected this team to be an offensive powerhouse?

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Perhaps a show of hands from those that expected this team to be an offensive powerhouse?

Can you clarify "offensive"?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Optimist! I see your 4-5 game losing streak and double it to 8-10 losses in a row.  I just hope they only have one of these streaks this season. They have had more talented teams than this one reel off losing streaks that could  convert Gandhi to terrorism. 

Self proclaimed.  The pitching and D have been fantastic like someone up there mentioned.  Gotta do better than .573 team OPS.  DEAD last in all of baseball.

36 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Can you clarify "offensive"?

Think of my personality on off days in season.

17 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

This one really hurt.  I want the ether-meth of a 5 game winning streak again.  I want to feel like this team could go nuts and start buying. 

The rebuild needs to end.  

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

The rebuild needs to end.  

it just got started, brah! 

However, this really should be the last year to tank.  We will have had three consecutive Top 5ish drafts--time to start adding building blocks next year to compete, including an infusion of more homegrown talent, as well as starting to dip into the free agency pool to address areas where the organization is deficient.  I wish we had done that this offseason with Machado, but hopefully we can take advantage of another buyer's market this offseason.

• Like 1