Keepleyland2

4/11 @1:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

Just now, kj2018 said:

Martin hit that one a country mile.  He almost hit it up to the concourse out in RF, i don't recall seeing many balls up there.

Tigers bats are going to have to do something today, they are not off to a good start thus far with some ugly at bats.

They're slow starters.

Peterson with quite the catch to rob the Tribe of a 2B and another run.  I think they made the right choice to send Mikie packing and keep him

51 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Mikie absolutely could have been a bench piece back in the day.

Correct. It’s not the day anymore. It wasn’t the day last season, either. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Correct. It’s not the day anymore. It wasn’t the day last season, either. 

I guess I don't understand your point.

4 minutes ago, Walewander said:

When was the last time the Tigers hit home runs at a comparable rate, given the offensive differences? The Fielder - Froot Loops years?

I don't know if it was the same pace, but just a few years back (maybe 2016) didn't the Tigers have something like 5 guys with 20+ homers and castellanos was almost the 6th at 18 homers despite only playing in 110ish games (hand injury)

We also got almost 25 homers from the catcher position.

That was the last season I was excited for the team, but it probably came at a cost as it set back the rebuild.  If Zimmerman hadn't collapsed and injuries didn't get in the way we would've made the playoffs.  But 2017-now still would have sucked.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I guess I don't understand your point.

In what way?

FSC (?) has their own April in the D dealie.  3CD9A847-B84C-4EFC-B4DC-8FE1D6232CC2.thumb.jpeg.062ecc295155e39a3e56bb08df6d6fec.jpeg

Bases loaded single to RF and Niko guns the runner at the plate.

3-0 Tribe, 2outs, 1st & 3rd.

This game is starting to get away from the Tigers, although Niko made another big play to throw out the runner at the plate to possibly stop the big inning. This may be Turnbull's last inning, the Tribe are hitting him hard.

Only one guy with a decent (it happens to be really good) OPS in that crew, the bats have certainly started super slow

Maybe somebody will get the yips and someone will drop a pop-up or something. You know, manufacture some voodoo runs.

Miggy takes strike one down the middle and swings at two balls out of the zone for the easy K.  

3 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Maybe somebody will get the yips and someone will drop a pop-up or something. You know, manufacture some voodoo runs.

You want voodoo? There’s an app for that. 

A8A8F322-118A-4FD0-ACDB-40B555E3F233.thumb.jpeg.5524443274f0d1492e613dcebdc387fe.jpeg

• Like 2

Niko now has the Tigers only hit, only walk, stole a base, and threw a runner out.