lordstanley

2018-2019 NHL Playoffs

Do you guys remember how it used to be in 90’s where even the slightest part of the skate in the crease meant no goal (unless your name was Hull)?  That was such a difficult watch.  I had so many false alarm goal celebrations that I stoped getting excited until I saw the overhead video replay.   You almost assumed any goal from a scrum in front wouldn’t count.   Glad they changed that rule.   

Matthews trying to take over the Bruins-Leafs series, with 5 goals in past 4 games, but Leafs can't get it done at home. Leafs-Bruins headed to a Game 7 for 3rd time in 7 seasons. Heat is on Babcock, but he will keep his job even if they lose on Tuesday. I expect that, unfortunately, the Leafs will win Game 7, they have a slightly better team and I think finally know what it takes to beat the Bruins.

Can’t believe he couldn’t convert that laser cross  ice pass from Reilly with 3 minutes to go.   He had an open net but it looked like it hit the defender just enough to change the direction. 

Sharks and Knights are in double overtime. Knights have never clinched a series on home ice in their history. Score the next goal and they'll give their long-suffering fans something to cheer about.

EDIT: Nope, MAF lets in a short-handed softie, Hertl fooling him on the short side. Game 7 will be in San Jose. 

Down goes Nashville. 1st round upsets are a cheap thrill, but there's too many of them. I want to watch Ali, Frazier and Tyson in the later rounds. Not Leon Spinks and Buster Douglas.

1st round upsets make tonight an especially pivotal moment for the Leafs franchise. Lose, and the playoff drought continues, with little to show for Shanny's 5 years and Babcock's 4 years. But in a nightmare scenario, if the Leafs win and if the Caps and Sharks lose their Game 7s, the Leafs arguably would be, gulp, the Cup favorite heading into Round 2.

3 great games the next 2 days!

Can Freddie Andersen exorcise his past Game 7 demons?  

Can San Jose get it done on home ice.   This game 7 isn’t against LA so they’ve got a great shot.  

Will “Mr Game 7” do his thing for his new team and send his old team packing?

I say No to all of these things which means at least one and maybe more will happen.  

Close game, Leafs have probably outplayed Boston a bit, softie by Anderssen. 2-1 Bruins after 2.  Still anybody's game.

Knights cruising with a 3-0 lead ... until they take a 5 minute major midway through the 3rd. Chintzy call. Sharks score twice in first 55 seconds of the powerplay, 3-2, still with 4 minutes left on powerplay, 9:30 left in game. 

EDIT: Sharks tie it!!

EDIT: Sharks lead! 4 goals on one 5-minute powerplay. This powerplay will go down in history.

Vegas ties it with 47 seconds to go. What a freakin' game. 

Who will be the OT hero - Nosek for Vegas? Nyquist for San Jose?

Sharks win it, with 1:41 left in 1st OT.  From around 11 minutes to go in regulation to the game winner more than 18 minutes into OT, that's the most exciting 30 minutes of hockey I can remember.

D45QpTPW4AA3sin.jpg

3 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

pffffffft

Controversial penalty call for sure. Cross checks at a faceoff are pretty common, unlucky for Knights the way Pavelski fell back and got hurt.