DennisDubay

Statistics question

Is there anywhere i can go online to get spin rate statistics? I've recently become interested in this and was curious if any stat provider includes this. 

Brooks Baseball has spin rate and axis on pitches by pitcher for each game by date and also data indexed by pitcher with vertical and horizontal movement - which is the direct correspondent to spin. 

• Like 1

baseballsavant.com is where I go.  Once you're in the leaderboard tab there will be a drop down menu that shows all the different options, find the one that says "pitch arsenals", in there it will show you all the arsenals of every pitcher from velocity to spin rate.   Here's a link to it.  If you click on any particular pitch it will give you the current leaders from most spin to least.  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/pitch-arsenals?year=2019&min=50&type=avg_spin&hand=

On 4/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, tiger337 said:

Baseball Savant is a great site which does not get enough publicity.  

Another thing I like about it is how it compares the pitcher's peripherals to the rest of the league.  Like here's Boyd's page for example, you can see with the exception of FB velo and CB spin he is excellent in everything compared to everybody else. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/matthew-boyd-571510?stats=career-r-pitching-mlb