Sydney_Fife

Game 82: Pistons @ Knicks

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I think the Pistons win. This is as clear of a scenario as you can paint as a coach. Win and you're in. Your entire season of hard work comes down to beating a crappy team.

That sounds good and all.  But they were down 23 to a crappy team last night in a similarly clear scenario.

I'm not saying they win.  I'm not saying they lose.  I'm not sure how to forecast lately which team shows up.  And even at that, they've been hitting the extremes during the same game.

If Jackson shows up with his head on his shoulders and Drummond can stay out of foul trouble, I like the chances of a win.  I'm not sure they have another comeback in them if they get down by 20.  That's got to take a lot of energy out of a team.  Especially for the guys that pretty much played the entire 4th quarter last night.

well, lets be honest, we got lucky with blake being healthy for as long as we did.  this is who blake is now: injured.

honestly, its kind of who he's always been.

Ooops wrong Tweet.  The one I wanted to post said Vucevic wont play for Orlando tonight.

If you're hoping for a win tonight, hope for the 7 seed as well. It's probably a sweep either way, but I doubt you'll get a single competitive game out of a Bucks series. Our paint defense is atrocious and we've seen what the Bucks combination of length and athleticism does to our offense.

I feel bad for Fizdale.  He really does run a nice offense.  A lot of PnR with the picker diving, double action on the backside makes it hard to cover guys.  They just don't have the talent to pull it off.  

Like I used to say about Brett Brown.  I would like to see Fizdale with a more talented roster.  

It looks like it'll be Milwaukee. God Speed Pistons

10 hours ago, NYLion said:

The fan wasn't wrong but  Andre had every right to defend the honor of his team. It's not his fault that SVG created such a mess.

Between the two, I'd suggest Andre was more right.

18 minutes ago, NYLion said:

It looks like it'll be Milwaukee. God Speed Pistons

Not so fast. 

whoo hoo!

yes, they'll probably get swept.  especially if blake cant play.  but i'd rather see them in the playoffs with this team because THIS IS AS GOOD AS THIS TEAM WILL GET.

live it up this year and next year because after that its going to get ugly unless they get really lucky in the draft.

15 minutes ago, Buddha said:

live it up this year and next year because after that its going to get ugly unless they get really lucky in the draft.

I will choose to be optimistic since SVG will not be doing the picking.

Pretty much the worst possible outcome for the season. Going into the playoffs as an 8 seed to get swept by a team that eats our lunch. No chance at lottery. No chance in the series. Cap locked. No real young talent. What a mess. I guess I get to scream at the TV for 4 more games in frustration, so there’s that.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Pretty much the worst possible outcome for the season. Going into the playoffs as an 8 seed to get swept by a team that eats our lunch. No chance at lottery. No chance in the series. Cap locked. No real young talent. What a mess. I guess I get to scream at the TV for 4 more games in frustration, so there’s that.

All true and what makes it even worse is that I’m sure Gores is ecstatic and views this season as a success.  

Gores will probably hang another picture of himself in LCA next year to celebrate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the Pistons will get lucky and Giannis will get injured, nothing serious of course cause I'd hate for a talent like that to have an injury derail his career but something bad enough that would cause him to miss a few games in the series.  

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Gores will probably hang another picture of himself in LCA next year to celebrate.  

I see ya, big fella.

9 hours ago, Betrayer said:

The only chance this team had at a top lottery pick was for Blake & Andre to sit out the season. Some of you guys seriously underestimate how bad you have to be to get a top 3 pick in the draft. 

Also - why watch this team if all you do is hate every aspect of their present and future? Honestly, it amazes me people spend time hate watching the Pistons when there is so much good basketball you can watch instead. 

We watch because we're Pistons fans and we criticize because they deserve criticism.

Congrats on the making the playoffs as a .500 team but for a capped out veteran team, this should never be considered a success.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

We watch because we're Pistons fans and we criticize because they deserve criticism.

Congrats on the making the playoffs as a .500 team but for a capped out veteran team, this should never be considered a success.

Have you enjoyed any part of this season?