Keepleyland2

4/10 @1:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

Today is as good of a day as any for an offensive barrage from our side. 

I think Miggy's getting close and that bodes well. 

4 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Today is as good of a day as any for an offensive barrage from our side. 

I think Miggy's getting close and that bodes well. 

I think the 7 we put up last week is about as good as it will get with runs this year.  I hope I am wrong, but I just cannot see 12-13 runs from this team.  Which is ok as long as they score 1 more than the opponent!  ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I think the 7 we put up last week is about as good as it will get with runs this year.  I hope I am wrong, but I just cannot see 12-13 runs from this team.  Which is ok as long as they score 1 more than the opponent!  ;)

Yeah, I like our chances if we score one more run than the opponent. 

I think that at some point during the year, somebody is going to leave someone out to dry in an effort to save a bullpen and that's when we'll see 12-13 runs. 

Other than that... Where's Bert's six runs?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

They'll have a game where they score 12. Some other pitcher will have a bad day.

Then they will probably get shut out for a week straight by the Austin Bieber-Derks of the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

He's the man to stop this skid in it's tracks.

When Boyd's done with the Indians, all there'll be left are skid marks.

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder how many people are actually in attendance for this game?  

Lots of people wearing drab green snuggies, pulled up high.

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder how many people are actually in attendance for this game?  

1pm start, Wednesday, 40 degrees, windy.....7k tops.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

When Boyd's done with the Indians, all there'll be left are skid marks.

....on our hearts?

A little Red Wings/Probert trivia for the Tigers thread.

If nothing else this article was a good read for any of us old enough to remember the 80s and the Red Wings.

Here’s how I remember Bob Probert: Goose Loonies, horrific headlines

Now the Tiger related part:

How big? How important were those two trips to the Stanley Cup semifinals, and even 1989, when the revolt by players against Demers was well underway and the Wings lost to Chicago in the first round of the playoffs? Joe Louis Arena was rocking every time they dropped the puck for a Wings game. Attendance maxed out at nearly 20,000 every night. The season-ticket base grew to about 16,000, and thousands more were on a waitlist to get them.

And the payroll in those days was nearly negligible. Mike and Marian Ilitch were suddenly printing money.

“I’ll tell you something, and now I’m going to brag a little bit,” said Devellano, for whom bragging is wildly out of character. “In those three years, Mr. and Mrs. Ilitch made $60 million. And they used it to buy the Detroit Tigers.”

That alone explains why the Detroit Red Wings showed so much patience with Bob Probert, and how hard they tried to help him with the best care, the best counselors, the best rehab facilities — and the best lawyers — money could buy. Another five years coping with one of the most beloved and challenging players ever to entertain a hometown Detroit crowd. Until they couldn’t take it anymore.

• Like 1

My man Niko Goodrum!!  Boosts the Tigers home run production from 3-4 and the early 2-0 lead.  

Excellent start to the game today

Just now, kdog said:

Nice homerun by niko:

sideways?game_pk=565514&play_id=25643e09

I wish we had those in Little League, then I could analyze my 1 career home run in organized baseball.

Just now, LooseGoose said:

I wish we had those in Little League, then I could analyze my 1 career home run in organized baseball.

But was it a true little league home run with about 3 throws around the diamond?

• Like 1

Just now, kj2018 said:

But was it a true little league home run with about 3 throws around the diamond?

Oh no baby it was over the fence and off a transformer about 2' behind the fence.   It was nearly majestic.   LOL.   I don't think I hit another ball to or near the fence in my 4 year career.  It was a serendipitous collision of mistake pitch and mistake swing.