kj2018

Players Only Discussion

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Casimir said:

Maybe this is where my bias and fandom come into play.  But I would think a 19 season middle infield composed of two hall of fame caliber players would be high up in baseball lore.  Its just such a unique situation.

I doubt too many non Tiger fans under the age of 30 have any idea who Whitaker and Trammell were independent of the absolute rarity of two HoF caliber middle infielders spending their entire careers together.

What is your dream scenario in the booth for TV?

Honest question wondering what people would enjoy.  I know a lot of people (including myself) sometimes say I would rather have no commentary at all, but I think I would like something.  I am not sure if it would just be a one man job or if there was some other option....

I know for a FACT, that I despise when they have too many people in there.  I despise it.  2 feels like too many, but I may be able to stomach that if they did not feel like they had to talk every 3 seconds.

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

What is your dream scenario in the booth for TV?

Dan Dickerson and Kirk Gibson simulcasting for both radio and tv.  

His low key approach is part of his appeal to me.  It might not work as well on radio though.  

I like Dickerson/Petry.  

One person who has a brain and understands baseball, one person who gets excited and isn't a complete moron. Simple. 

The Tigers seem to prefer non excited dumb people unfortunately