Keepleyland2

4/9 @1:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

I like this.  Lull Cleveland into a false sense of security today.  And then totally blitzkrieg them tomorrow and Thursday.

If they don't release Mahtook after this game, we'll know the Tigers aren't interested in fielding the best team possible.

I hope he's saved his money, because unless he's a biz whiz, Mikie Mahtook will never make this kind of paycheck again.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

Between the "players broadcast", Zimmernam, LOB, inside the park HR on error, and Mahtook...this may be one of the most unwatchable games I've seen in a looooong time...

Could not agree more.  Morris sorta managed to let the viewers know there was a new pitcher, and that it was Reid Garrett, but only halfway through the 2nd hitters at bat.  No mention of his stats, or anything like this.  

I am pretty sure i will not be watching the next two of these here in the rest of the series

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

I like this.  Lull Cleveland into a false sense of security today.  And then totally blitzkrieg them tomorrow and Thursday.

That's an interesting strategy, let's see if it pays off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

I would release Mahtook as soon as the INNING is over.  That was a terrible error, total lack of concentration.  

Tigers getting embarrassed again by the Tribe, hopefully they bounce back tomorrow and don't let this year start off like the past few against the Tribe

There, I fixed it for you.

Who takes the place of Mahtook?  It doesn't seem wise to burn up a year on Cameron quite yet when this team isn't going to compete any time soon. 

If they kept Peterson and dumped Mahtook when Jones is ready, that's different.  But is Jones really ready?

Has Dave Rozema called in with some drinking stories yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who takes the place of Mahtook?  It doesn't seem wise to burn up a year on Cameron quite yet when this team isn't going to compete any time soon. 

If they kept Peterson and dumped Mahtook when Jones is ready, that's different.  But is Jones really ready?

He isn't ready. I think he needs another 4 days in Toledo. Mahtook won't play unless they see a lefty pitcher coming up. Unfortunately bad teams don't have great options so this is what we get.

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

If they truly are committed to a "rebuild" year and aren't really concerned about winning/contending for the division, then may as well keep Mahpoop up...it's not like it matters if that's the case.

I don’t know why Peterson isn’t playing anyway. He’s in the top 30 org prospects and sitting on the bench watching Mahtook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Harrison has 80 starts in the OF corners; bring  up Lugo or Rodriguez for a week.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

If they truly are committed to a "rebuild" year and aren't really concerned about winning/contending for the division, then may as well keep Mahpoop up...it's like it matters if that's the case.

Yeah, that's kind of my point.

I know there's going to be a certain segment of the fan base that wants Cameron up in place of Mahtook.  I don't want that at all.  I want Cameron up when he's ready to be up, completely independent of what Mahtook, Jones, or the rest of the CF options are doing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

AGREE!!!  I just started a discussion thread on this very topic.  It is as if the game is an afterthought.  I am here to watch the game, not see and hear all these 84 guys just wax nostalgic 

FSD has a lot of dead air anyway. Just have a round table discussion with these guys, if they must. But during a game? No, I'll pass. Next thing we'll see is a player who uses English as a 3rd language. Might as well with all these guys guaffing all at the same time. It makes them all look really stupid. 

Yeah, that's kind of my point.

I know there's going to be a certain segment of the fan base that wants Cameron up in place of Mahtook.  I don't want that at all.  I want Cameron up when he's ready to be up, completely independent of what Mahtook, Jones, or the rest of the CF options are doing.

Yeah, I don't want Daz up before the All Star break unless he's forcing the issue. 

Honestly, I'd DFA Mahtook and bring up Ronny. Goodrum/Peterson can manage while Jacoby gets ready. 

Robson needs be given a chance.  24yo and has hit at every level.  Draws walks and has 7bb to 1k so far this year.   Plays CF and has speed. 

Mahtook OBV needs to be gone and Jones is a 4th/5th OF since he cant hit. 

12 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Has Dave Rozema called in with some drinking stories yet?

"why don't you enlighten us with some stories from when you were a player?"

"I'm a happily married man now. I don't think those stories would be appropriate."

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Mahtook is now the whooping boy. 

Has Greene moved out of that territory, at least for the time being?

13 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Mahtook is now the whooping boy. 

Probably not much longer.........................

Hey look, it's VerHagen in garbage time.  We'll all hear about how great his stuff looks.    Can't wait to see how he fares in a 1 run game................

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Here comes Mikie's last AB as a Tiger !

how about a bunt single?

He’s just waiting for that belt high pitch on the inside of the plate. 

0D339DB4-9665-471A-83DB-3968A71D4B90.jpeg

• Haha 1