Keepleyland2

4/9 @1:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

6 minutes ago, 1776 said:

The 2018 Tigers are back in the house.

Yep.  We have seen this game before, Zimm gets hit hard, the hitters flail around, get some chances but don;t cash in, and Mahtook looks like a double AA player.

Any chance he could catch Davis?  I would hope that he gets sent packing before he gets much further down the 0fer path.

Whomever thought this “players only” broadcast was a good idea, needs to be fired on the spot. This is unlistenable and Cleveland has hit two bombs that have just been talked through. 

• Like 1

Just now, tigerbomb13 said:

Whomever thought this “players only” broadcast was a good idea, needs to be fired on the spot. This is unlistenable and Cleveland has hit two bombs that have just been talked through. 

AGREE!!!  I just started a discussion thread on this very topic.  It is as if the game is an afterthought.  I am here to watch the game, not see and hear all these 84 guys just wax nostalgic 

Getting tarred and feathered by Cleveland  is seemingly so predictable. But maybe they can rise to the occasion and come back. 

At least we're winning 7-0 in LOB.  Talk about repeatedly failing to get the big hit.

10 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Oh, did you not read Fox Sports Detroit's reason for doing this? What the point of the players broadcast is?

https://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/fox-sports-detroits-tigers-coverage-features-17-players-only-telecasts

“These broadcasts are going to be a lot of fun,” said Monroe, who played for the Tigers from 2002-07. “We’ll have a chance to share even more analysis and stories from our playing days. Viewers will truly feel like they are watching the game with us and part of our team.”

1789660504_Killmenow.GIF.5b08c3106db851c6d29c193a7789314f.GIF

5 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

AGREE!!!  I just started a discussion thread on this very topic.  It is as if the game is an afterthought.  I am here to watch the game, not see and hear all these 84 guys just wax idiotic. 

:grin:

• Like 1

Just now, chasfh said:

Oh, did you not Fox Sports Detroit's reason for doing this? What the point of the players broadcast is?

https://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/fox-sports-detroits-tigers-coverage-features-17-players-only-telecasts

“These broadcasts are going to be a lot of fun,” said Monroe, who played for the Tigers from 2002-07. “We’ll have a chance to share even more analysis and stories from our playing days. Viewers will truly feel like they are watching the game with us and part of our team.”

1789660504_Killmenow.GIF.5b08c3106db851c6d29c193a7789314f.GIF

Yup. It’s been just as bad as advertised. 

In the meantime, even though FSD really doesn't seem to want to actually talk about the game, the Indians have now hit more home runs in 5 + innings then the Tigers have all season thus far.

Has anyone ever referred to LCF as having a triangle or resembling a triangle or whatever prior to this tweet?

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

:grin:

I see what you did there, for a second i said they were waxing idiotic.  Well played!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Shelton said:

Has anyone ever referred to LCF as having a triangle or resembling a triangle or whatever prior to this tweet?

It's right between RCF and FLF (Far left field)

“That was a nice quick inning” - Jack Morris, who probably didn’t notice that Cleveland hit another bomb. 

Another neck injection coming for Zimm? anyway Mahtook is 0-30.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Mahtook is improving though, rather than strike out he hit a scalding 4 hopper to the first baseman who barely had to move to field it and step on the bag.

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

At least he's not Chris Davis.  

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

anyway Mahtook is 0-30.

At least he hasn't taken his offensive struggles out to his defensive assignment.

Oh, snap....

At this point I think Gardy wants Mahtook to get a hit, so they can release him w/o the .000 average

Between the "players broadcast", Zimmernam, LOB, inside the park HR on error, and Mahtook...this may be one of the most unwatchable games I've seen in a looooong time...

I would release Mahtook as soon as the game is over.  That was a terrible error, total lack of concentration.  

Tigers getting embarrassed again by the Tribe, hopefully they bounce back tomorrow and don't let this year start off like the past few against the Tribe

I honestly feel sorry for Mahtook but the org is going to do something different.