Sydney_Fife

Game 81: Grizzlies @ Pistons

9 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Nope. If you read my previous post, I don't think that has much value either. It's the definition of a team stuck in no mans' land.

...so you want them to do what exactly? Fold the franchise? I don't understand your point here, other than being pessimistic just to be pessimistic. I'd rather see 4 playoff games than move up from 15 to 14 in the draft. 

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

...so you want them to do what exactly? Fold the franchise? I don't understand your point here, other than being pessimistic just to be pessimistic. I'd rather see 4 playoff games than move up from 15 to 14 in the draft. 

My point is that it's another lost season with little room for maneuverability going forward.Yes, it's pessimistic but I have every reason to be pessimistic and I just don't think a one and done in the playoffs is much of a valuable experience for this team when there's not much room for growth going forward.  I'll be cheering for them as I always do if they make it in but I'm not expecting anything.

FTR, I'm not disputing that making the playoffs is better than finishing last in the lottery but I don't see much value in the experience.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Nope. If you read my previous post, I don't think that has much value either. It's the definition of a team stuck in no mans' land.

Ok, sorry, missed that. I agree they are stuck in no man’s land. 

I got the sense from your post that you didn’t see any value in making the playoffs and I concluded that you thought it would be better to miss out. 

I think we all know they are highly unlikely to advance and also unlikely to even win a game, but I think we also all know we are highly unlikely to end up with an elite player in the draft if we miss the playoffs. 

I don’t care about lining Gores’s pockets with two games worth of playoff revenue. But I do care about at least having the chance to see the team try to achieve the nearly impossible and win a few playoff games. 

Anyway, it feels like we have one more year of this type of thing. Then we will be rid of some heavy contracts and Blake will be super old and we can just embrace the tank and not sign anyone and try to do this right. 

if they make the playoffs will they sell out the home games?

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I highly doubt it (assuming they are down 0-2 after the first two games).

If they somehow manage to win one of the first two games, I think people might show up for games 3/4.

if they somehow force a game 6, that game would be a sellout. 

30 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I don’t care about lining Gores’s pockets with two games worth of playoff revenue. But I do care about at least having the chance to see the team try to achieve the nearly impossible and win a few playoff games. 

Anyway, it feels like we have one more year of this type of thing. Then we will be rid of some heavy contracts and Blake will be super old and we can just embrace the tank and not sign anyone and try to do this right. 

Agreed. I think it'll be good for the fans who haven't seen much Pistons playoff basketball in the last decade and as far as your last paragraph is concerned, from your keyboard to god's ears. I can't wait until this core is extinguished and they start fresh.

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

They will if they play Toronto.  60% of LCA will be Raptor fans though.  

• Like 1

The G League Grizzlies are scoring at will. The Pistons are at home with their season on the line and they’re getting beat by a team missing its entire starting 5 and 3 of its 5 bench players. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow this is painful to watch. Getting buried by a g league team. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Memphis shooting 74 percent. They’re demolishing the Pistons. Up by 14. 

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. So predictable. 

The Pistons with their season on the line are getting blown out at home by a G League team. 

******* joke. But oh so predictable. 

• Sad 1

another biggest lead another biggest lead another biggest lead another biggest lead. 

The Pistons are down 19 at home to a G League team. With their season on the line. 

**** everybody on this sorry *** ******* team beside Blake. Seriously. Trade ******* everyone. So ******* done. 

Lol. Please blow this up in the offseason. Loser core.

How does a professional basketball team shoot so poorly? Like how is this even possible?

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

How does a professional basketball team shoot so poorly? Like how is this even possible?

Variance. 

this is just setting the stage for our epic second half comeback.

Memphis is 7/10 from distance. Over 60 percent overall. Just pouring in shots. 

The Pistons are getting blown out.