Keepleyland2

4/7 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

8 hours ago, socaltiger said:

Are we possibly deploying the worst Defensive outfield in baseball today ?

They showed the stat during the game about the infield leading baseball in defensive runs saved.

Hey, you can't have everything, can you?

6 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

That the Tigers are 7-3 is a bit unexpected.  That Greene has a save in every win so far is insane.

Yes, kind of disappointing that it isn't 8-2 or 9-1, but probably shouldn't get too greedy.

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

I spent the afternoon raking off the dead grass and stuff off my lawn listening via at bat because I’m not sure where my radio is.  Got a nice Bluetooth speaker.  Finished up got an Oberon and listened to the final 3 outs.  But the Detroit news app told me the game was over before I heard it.  

What a nice day 

Yes, this is kind of how I spent the Saturday game.  Did some yard work and other stuff around the house.  Was behind the computer doing taxes for some of it, but took in the whole game via radio whilst knocking some chores off of the list.

5 hours ago, Yoda said:

They play in the central. 

So there's a chance to clinch this by the all star break?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I blame Lloyd McClendon and the lingering clubhouse effects of one Chris Bosio.

Blame them for what???

10 hours ago, Casimir said:

I don't like Hicks behind the plate against Kansas City unless Ross can miss a bunch of bats today.  But you probably can't run Greiner out there every day, so it is what it is.

Hey, dumbass, Hicks threw out 2 more base running Royals than you did today!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Casimir said:

He's better than you thought he was.   

10 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

He's better than you thought he was.   

I'll tell you what, he's fun to watch.

12 hours ago, Casimir said:

he had good CS% in the minors but didn't throw particularly well with the Tigers last season. (and to be honest , the throw that got Merifield wasn't nearly as good as the one that got Hamilton.) Hopefully last season was an outlier or maybe he's been working on it.

Took the kids to this game.  Man was it HOT.  Not 90+ degree middle of summer hot, but 70 degrees right after close to freezing temps a few days before kind of hot...which means we had about a mountain size clothes piled up when we got to the seats.  Luckily no one was next to us.

I actually got to watch some of the game trying to manage 3 young kids.  They were very well behaved and we lasted until the 7th before we had to take off.  

Great day to be at the ball park.  And it was kids opening day also so all kinds of cool stuff for the kids.

It is early and my hopes have not been raised that much, but I am starting to think they are a little better than we all thought...not playoff contender better, but maybe closer to .500 than we thought better.

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

Took the kids to this game.  Man was it HOT.  Not 90+ degree middle of summer hot, but 70 degrees right after close to freezing temps a few days before kind of hot...which means we had about a mountain size clothes piled up when we got to the seats.  Luckily no one was next to us.

I actually got to watch some of the game trying to manage 3 young kids.  They were very well behaved and we lasted until the 7th before we had to take off.  

Great day to be at the ball park.  And it was kids opening day also so all kinds of cool stuff for the kids.

It is early and my hopes have not been raised that much, but I am starting to think they are a little better than we all thought...not playoff contender better, but maybe closer to .500 than we thought better.

Who is this "we"? I had no doubt this was a championship level team

• Haha 1

“I actually got to watch some of the game trying to manage 3 young kids.  They were very well behaved and we lasted until the 7th before we had to take off.” JBK

Good to hear you managed everything well. Our son took our oldest grandson, almost four years old, to an A’s-Angels game last weekend. I was surprised to hear they stayed the whole game. I figured three, maybe four innings and out. I was impressed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

“I actually got to watch some of the game trying to manage 3 young kids.  They were very well behaved and we lasted until the 7th before we had to take off.” JBK

Good to hear you managed everything well. Our son took our oldest grandson, almost four years old, to an A’s-Angels game last weekend. I was surprised to hear they stayed the whole game. I figured three, maybe four innings and out. I was impressed!

That is what I was expecting when we got there.  We had a couple things go our way...no one was sitting next to us and we had aisle seats so we had a little extra room.  The little guy (will be 2 in July) started getting a little cranky, but we managed it.  And the wife took turns taking the twins (turning 5 in July) up to the concourse to walk for a few minutes to keep them moving a little.  They are still too young to know anything about baseball or care at all, but somehow we managed.  I am still not 100% sure how we did it!  lol  No electronic devices or anything.

10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I'll tell you what, he's fun to watch.

I like John Hicks. He seems to work hard and get the most out of his skills, while hitting better than the average gritty guy/baseball smarts guy. If you're giving the all glove/no bat young guy the starting job, he's close to perfect as a backup...