Keepleyland2

4/7 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

If Cabrera were to play 150 games this season, he is now on a pace to walk 131 times. 

13 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

Are we possibly deploying the worst Defensive outfield in baseball today ?

According to Fangraphs DRS, yes, we are.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=of&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=0&type=1&season=2019&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=11,d

However, we make it up at 2B, 3B, and SS.

Candy walks, Stewart doubles and terrible OF defense by the Royals allows Candy to score.

1-1

They called that a triple? I thought that would be a double and a taking of third on the error by the second baseman.

Stewart had advanced to 3rd on the abovementioned defense.   Hicks walks.

1st and 3rd with nobody out.

It's almost a rally.

Can Craig Monroe be an announcer every day? He's not adding much, but I'm  at least not bored to tears with his commentary.

Tyson Ross has a weird motion for a pitcher—he doesn’t extend much, or push far forward with his back leg toward the plate at all. He delivers the ball in a fairly upright position. I can’t think of any other pitcher who pitches that way. He kind of looks like a position player who’s been conscripted to pitch.

Niko nails him trying to stretch it into a double!

If NIko keeps playing like this, he’ll find himself playing on a contender in August and September. 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Niko nails him trying to stretch it into a double!

If NIko keeps playing like this, he’ll find himself playing on a contender in August and September. 

Good to see you're now a believer in this team too!

Just now, LooseGoose said:

Good to see you're now a believer in this team too!

I serve ‘em up ... you hit ‘em out.

John Hicks nails Billy Hamilton stealing second! That was the only throw that could have nailed him, and Hicks made it. 

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Tyson Ross has a weird motion for a pitcher—he doesn’t extend much, or push far forward with his back leg toward the plate at all. He delivers the ball in a fairly upright position. I can’t think of any other pitcher who pitches that way. He kind of looks like a position player who’s been conscripted to pitch.

I have not seen Ross pitch but I know what you’re talking about exactly. You described a kid that I use to be a fan of in the Reds minor league system, Matt Klinker. Your description of Ross would describe Klinker perfectly. He retired several years ago having never made the bigs.

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

I have not seen Ross pitch but I know what you’re talking about exactly. You described a kid that I use to be a fan of in the Reds minor league system, Matt Klinker. Your description of Ross would describe Klinker perfectly. He retired several years ago having never made the bigs.

It’s been said that the legs are the most important body part used in the act of pitching. Tyson Ross looks like he’s hardly using his at all.

Nice rip by Nick, but was he busting it on that hit? Didn’t look it to me. Seems he was in 85% cruise mode, accepting the double. Maybe he’s pacing himself for a long season.