Keepleyland2

4/6 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

5 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I was inspired last night made four or five of these. Hopefully they’ll win four or five more games this year and I’ll be able to use them. 

Stop man, you're freaking me out, man

Good for Nick. Trevor is an idiot.  Every Trevor T interview ever:

“(Player name but usually a stupid nickname) you did a good thing today that everyone just watched, how special was it to do that thing today that made the team win, that’s gotta feel special on a big day like today when you did the thing that helped win the game?” (mic in the face/stupid smile)

“Even though you just told me about it, take us through that big thing that just happened.”  (mic in the face/stupid smile

”follow up, this big thing helped the team win and it’s always gotta feel good to get another win, tell everyone how special this team is when they do things like this and win?” (mic in the face/stupid smile

”alrighty, I know they’re all waiting down there for you to celebrate with, but one more question before we let you go celebrate with everyone who is waiting for you - Tigers haven’t done this special thing that just happened today since the last time the tigers did this special thing. What does it mean for someone like you to be a part of this special thing, and did you ever think it would mean this much being a part of this special special thing?” (mic in face/stupid smile)

(insert one last fumbly sentence as we throw it back to the idiots in the studio)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thefunk said:

“(Player name but usually a stupid nickname) you did a good thing today that everyone just watched, how special was it to do that thing today that made the team win, that’s gotta feel special on a big day like today when you did the thing that helped win the game?” (mic in the face/stupid smile)

“Even though you just told me about it, take us through that big thing that just happened.”  (mic in the face/stupid smile

”follow up, this big thing helped the team win and it’s always gotta feel good to get another win, tell everyone how special this team is when they do things like this and win?” (mic in the face/stupid smile

”alrighty, I know they’re all waiting down there for you to celebrate with, but one more question before we let you go celebrate with everyone who is waiting for you - Tigers haven’t done this special thing that just happened today since the last time the tigers did this special thing. What does it mean for someone like you to be a part of this special thing, and did you ever think it would mean this much being a part of this special special thing?” (mic in face/stupid smile)

(insert one last fumbly sentence as we throw it back to the idiots in the studio)

The broadcast isn't for diehards, it's for what they call the P2 viewer (Priority 2),  the P1 viewer (the diehard) is going to watch anyway.   Everything is kind of dumbed down.    I get why they do it, but yeah, it's annoying.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

The broadcast isn't for diehards, it's for what they call the P2 viewer (Priority 2),  the P1 viewer (the diehard) is going to watch anyway.   Everything is kind of dumbed down.    I get why they do it, but yeah, it's annoying.  

But it doesn’t take anything to say.....NOT ask a stupid question. I could come up with a trillion questions that are phrased correctly, succinctly, interestingly....and yes I could do it all season long, because I’m not a moron.

Just because a thing is a certain way doesn’t make it correct. 

17 minutes ago, thefunk said:

This is quite well done.

Maybe not 'mustard packet is still there' level, but still very good. 

Thank you for this.

• Like 1

It's just so stupid.  These guys don't have time to think through all of the ramifications, they just see a pitch and hit it.

Yeah, they may be looking in a certain spot for a certain pitch given the game situation or history with the pitcher, but these questions never probe that, which actually might have of chance of yielding an interesting response.

the basic problem is that the whole premise of the interview, which is that there is something significant to talk about - is almost always false in any interview except maybe a pitcher or catcher, and even there neither the pitcher or the catcher is going to actually say anything out of school about what they were really trying to do anyway. Now if it happened that there was some unusual event - like the benches cleared, or a guy throws a no-hitter or hits for the cycle, then there is grounds for an interview, but after the average garden variety game is over, it's just over. It is exactly what Biggs said - the hitters just hit, the fielders just caught etc. 

And I would even take issue that interviews are "for" the P2 viewer - they are not for viewers at all, they are for advertisers. The hope in the pre and post games is to catch a some viewers on each end out of inertia. The objective of pre and post games is to sell more ad time and everything done in them is purely filler to program enough air time between the ad blocks so they don't lose 100% of the audience.

Long story short, I understand completely why the players can get tired of the routine.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Stop man, you're freaking me out, man

These gifs are mild compared to being locked in a room on acid and watching an endless loop of Videodrome. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the basic problem is that the whole premise of the interview, which is that there is something significant to talk about - is almost always false in any interview except maybe a pitcher or catcher, and even there neither the pitcher or the catcher is going to actually say anything out of school about what they were really trying to do anyway. Now if it happened that there was some unusual event - like the benches cleared, or a guy throws a no-hitter or hits for the cycle, then there is grounds for an interview, but after the average garden variety game is over, it's just over. It is exactly what Biggs said - the hitters just hit, the fielders just caught etc. 

And I would even take issue that interviews are "for" the P2 viewer - they are not for viewers at all, they are for advertisers. The hope in the pre and post games is to catch a some viewers on each end out of inertia. The objective of pre and post games is to sell more ad time and everything done in them is purely filler to program enough air time between the ad blocks so they don't lose 100% of the audience.

Long story short, I understand completely why the players can get tired of the routine.

Even so, why pick this game to to be sour about it?  

Every player for every team in every major professional sport goes thru it.  Really not that big of a deal because we all have a bad day every once in awhile but I would say Nick was in the wrong if he was in fact rude during the interview.    

30 minutes ago, Hart said:

Even so, why pick this game to to be sour about it?  

Every player for every team in every major professional sport goes thru it.  Really not that big of a deal because we all have a bad day every once in awhile but I would say Nick was in the wrong if he was in fact rude during the interview.    

He was just rude and generally unpleasant. Too much of the "hey, we're just out here trying to win some ballgames!" kind of thing. If you're going to be like that, just don't get interviewed.

13 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

He was just rude and generally unpleasant. Too much of the "hey, we're just out here trying to win some ballgames!" kind of thing. If you're going to be like that, just don't get interviewed.

That doesn't sound rude.  Vacuous, but not rude.  

20 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Nice win boys. Can we all give up on the idea of Mikie Mahtook being a serviceable anyday player now?

There, I fixed it for you.

17 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I'd be a jerk to Trevor also. No-one, and I mean NO-ONE asks more stupid questions than Trevor. To have to deal with him over a hundred times a season would drive me flat-out bonkers.

"What is does it mean to you.....:

It means we won the 'effing game, dummy.

He can be as mean to Trevor as he wants as long as he keeps being mean to center fielders playing deep and not hustling hard enough on drives to center. Taking 2nd on the double in the fifth against Hamilton was a thing of beauty.

I could really excuse the bad interviews if the one doing the interview was a good looking  young lady........................just sayin'

Trevor and Keats........really?  The Tigers can do better than that.