Jump to content
RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

Recommended Posts

Meadows has begun to suck in a different way...that's an important step in his development as a Tiger.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BetRivers Michigan Sports Betting

BetRivers Michigan $50 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching in January 2021. Pre-register at BetRivers Sportsbook and get a free $50 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan Now

23 hours ago, tiger337 said:

 

 

?? I see that he's from Cleveland. Guess he's trolling Tiger fans with this bouquet to Waldon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

?? I see that he's from Cleveland. Guess he's trolling Tiger fans with this bouquet to Waldon. 

I think he’s trying to get to know her better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kdog said:

 

oops

Edit: checking back in on the game we see that in his Tiger system debut, Rosenthal faced 8 batters and got one out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I think he’s trying to get to know her better.

She has a very strong leg game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrett Hill is putting together a nice season.   7IP tonight for Lakeland, 0 ER 1 BB ERA down to 2.35.   26th round pick in 2018.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Don't tell Biggs.

that game was pretty much a disaster. The Hen's have had some great outings recently but Al picked a turkey to go attend. We can only hope that is just karma for other good choices he 's been making.

Robson did hit a HR(5). Rogers doubled.

but enough about the Hens

Erie pulled out a 5-4 win. Castro 6 IP, 4H, 2R, 5BB, 6K. Paredes HR (6),  Gibson 2/3, SB.

Lakeland bombed Palm Beach 9-1. Hill: good game already noted above. Clemens HR (9), Deatherage 3/4, Policelli 2/5. 

WM 2 hit by Lake County, loses 5-1, HR by Brinkman. Wencel Perez with the other hit.

Greene 2/5 2B, in GCL TIW win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm slightly encouraged that some of the Tigers' young players seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

However, it does appear as if many of them have stagnated or taken a step back.  The rest of the season and next will be crucial to see if players like Cameron and Paredes and Rogers have adjusted and can make the next step or are just AAAA players like many of the Tigers' current triple A guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I'm slightly encouraged that some of the Tigers' young players seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

However, it does appear as if many of them have stagnated or taken a step back.  The rest of the season and next will be crucial to see if players like Cameron and Paredes and Rogers have adjusted and can make the next step or are just AAAA players like many of the Tigers' current triple A guys.

and a team has to get lucky too. Along the line somewhere, a couple of guys who aren't supposed to have an MLB ceiling have to surprise -   like a Garrett Hill or a Reyes or a  Pinero (or even  Deatherage!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and a team has to get lucky too. Along the line somewhere, a couple of guys who aren't supposed to have an MLB ceiling have to surprise -   like a Garrett Hill or a Reyes or a  Pinero (or even  Deatherage!)

How often does that happen?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buddha said:

I'm slightly encouraged that some of the Tigers' young players seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

However, it does appear as if many of them have stagnated or taken a step back.  The rest of the season and next will be crucial to see if players like Cameron and Paredes and Rogers have adjusted and can make the next step or are just AAAA players like many of the Tigers' current triple A guys.

Cameron and Paredes are both extremely young for their leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

How often does that happen?  

IDK -  Among recent division winners there's Altuve for Houston(undrafted),  JD Martinez (discard)for Det, Matt Carpenter (13th round) for the Cards. Jose Ramirez ($50K signing) for the Indians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK -  Among recent division winners there's Altuve for Houston(undrafted),  JD Martinez (discard)for Det, Matt Carpenter (13th round) for the Cards. Jose Ramirez ($50K signing) for the Indians. 

Plus there's guys like Max Muncy,  Luke Voit and Ketel Marte.   In Marte's case he was never necessarily seen as a terrible prospect but he also never put up that great of numbers in the minors either.  At 22 he only hit 4 HRs and had an OPS in the .700s playing in the extremely friendly Pacific Coast League.  A little over 2 years later he is an MLB All Star with a .950 OPS who is on pace for 40 HRs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, the Tigers will not be signing any of the top 30 international prospects today. They have over $5 million in July 2nd money to spend.

Quote

Clubs that receive a Competitive Balance Pick in Round B of the Draft receive a pool of $6,481,200 for spending on international prospects, while clubs that receive a Competitive Balance Pick in Round A receive $5,939,800. The remaining teams get bonus pools of $5,398,300 each.

The Dodgers and Phillies lost $500,000 for signing free agents A.J. Pollock and Bryce Harper, respectively, and have bonus pools of $4,821,400. The Nationals have $4,321,400 to spend after signing free agent Patrick Corbin and exceeding the luxury tax last season. And the Braves do not have a bonus pool this year due to their violation of international signing guidelines.

$6,481,200: D-backs, Orioles, Indians, Rockies Royals, Pirates, Padres and Cardinals
$5,939,800: Reds, Marlins, Brewers, Twins, A's and Rays
$5,398,300: Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Tigers, Astros, Angels, Mets, Yankees, Giants, Mariners, Rangers and Blue Jays
$4,821,400: Dodgers and Phillies
$4,321,400: Nationals
$0: Braves

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdog said:

As expected, the Tigers will not be signing any of the top 30 international prospects today. They have over $5 million in July 2nd money to spend.

as long as we get the 31st, I'll be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will sign that Roberto Campos kid, who isn’t eligible to sign today because he isn’t 16 yet, but I believe his birthday is soon. I’m fairly certain he will be part of this 2019-2020 class.

It’s a bit frustrating trying to find information about him, because all of the lists/rankings/discussion is directed toward the kids that can sign today, but there are a bunch of other kids with July and August birthdays that can sign this summer once they turn 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, tiger337 said:

 

 

I've been posting slash lines with banal commentary here for like fifteen years. When do I see my first paycheck? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

They will sign that Roberto Campos kid, who isn’t eligible to sign today because he isn’t 16 yet, but I believe his birthday is soon. I’m fairly certain he will be part of this 2019-2020 class.

It’s a bit frustrating trying to find information about him, because all of the lists/rankings/discussion is directed toward the kids that can sign today, but there are a bunch of other kids with July and August birthdays that can sign this summer once they turn 16.

And when you search his name all you get is articles about him and his brother leaving Cuba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK -  Among recent division winners there's Altuve for Houston(undrafted),  JD Martinez (discard)for Det, Matt Carpenter (13th round) for the Cards. Jose Ramirez ($50K signing) for the Indians. 

Jose Ramirez was unusual.  The others put up impressive numbers in the minors pretty quickly.  They weren't like Derek Hill and Victor Reyes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

I've been posting slash lines with banal commentary here for like fifteen years. When do I see my first paycheck? 

The problem is you post those lines and then follow up by saying they suck.  You need to say that the players are competitive and feel good.  You also need to write for Bless You Boys for a period of team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps in January 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


×
×
  • Create New...