RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

51 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Faedo went 5.2 IP of shutout baseball with 4Ks and 1BB.   

Me likey.  Turning in a very nice season.  

At St Lucie, Perez goes 3 2/3, 3H, 1ER, 2BB, 4K. removed at 63 pitches. Got a little off his feed with two walks and WP. Clemens 3/5 HR, Pollicelli 3/4, Deatherage 1/4 extends his hit streak to 11. St Lucie takes it 4-3 in ten.

as T-D noted above - At Erie, Faedo goes 5 2/3, 4H, 0R, 1BB, 4K; DeCaster gives up a run in relief. Hill 2/4, Paredes hits a solo HR in the bottom of the 9th, but Erie falls 2-1.

WM - DNP

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

At St Lucie, Perez goes 3 2/3, 3H, 1ER, 2BB, 4K. removed at 63 pitches. Got a little off his feed with two walks and WP. Clemens 3/5 HR, Pollicelli 3/4, Deatherage 1/4 extends his hit streak to 11. St Lucie takes it 4-3 in ten.

as T-D noted above - At Erie, Faedo goes 5 2/3, 4H, 0R, 1BB, 4K; DeCaster gives up a run in relief. Hill 2/4, Paredes hits a solo HR in the bottom of the 9th, but Erie falls 2-1.

Toledo falls to the IronPigs 2-1, nobody did much.

WM - DNP

Toledo won 2-1. 6 SB's. Daz got 3. Willi got 2. Cisnero with the save. Candy K'd 4 times. Dude's strugglin'. Mahtook, Peterson each K'd 3x.

10 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Toledo won 2-1. 6 SB's. Daz got 3. Willi got 2. Cisnero with the save. Candy K'd 4 times. Dude's strugglin'. Mahtook, Peterson each K'd 3x.

LOL - I don't know what I was doing there! Read it backwards I guess. OK Daz did have 2 walks (had to get on base somehow to steal bases...)

Pipeline updated it's top 100 list for last time until they do a total re-rank that includes draft picks next month.

Mize #2

Manning #33

Perez #63

Paredes #84

10 minutes ago, irvink said:

Pipeline updated it's top 100 list for last time until they do a total re-rank that includes draft picks next month.

Mize #2

Manning #33

Perez #63

Paredes #84

I hate pipeline so much

50 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I hate pipeline so much

Shelton hates pipeline can be the new Keith law hates the tigers

1 hour ago, irvink said:

Mize #2

Manning #33

Perez #63

Paredes #84

Shelton #43,873

Not sure about that last one.  Seems high.

• Like 2

I'm really not sure how you can have Perez as a prospect at this point. Talk to me at the end of the season, if he hasn't been cremated by then.

2 minutes ago, Walewander said:

I'm really not sure how you can have Perez as a prospect at this point. Talk to me at the end of the season, if he hasn't been cremated by then.

I think they rarely drop players that high on the last during the updates. They do a total re-do in late July, folding in the draft picks. I think there is a pretty good chance Perez falls off the list completely, unless he stays healthy and performs over the next month. 

1 hour ago, diaspora04 said:

43,874 at best.

1 hour ago, diaspora04 said:

Definitely lower.  He's old for his league.  

49 minutes ago, irvink said:

I think they rarely drop players that high on the last during the updates. They do a total re-do in late July, folding in the draft picks. I think there is a pretty good chance Perez falls off the list completely, unless he stays healthy and performs over the next month. 

I don’t recall them ever dropping anyone prior to the midseason re-shuffle. That would be too much “work” for the crack prospect writers at pipeline. 

I think they just take players off the list when they graduate and bump everyone up, and then go searching for a new guy to slot in at #100.

Pipeline is the worst. 

24 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I don’t recall them ever dropping anyone prior to the midseason re-shuffle. That would be too much “work” for the crack prospect writers at pipeline. 

I think they just take players off the list when they graduate and bump everyone up, and then go searching for a new guy to slot in at #100.

Pipeline is the worst. 

I like both Callis and Mayo, but I don't think they do the top 100 rankings.  The rankings are absurd, and seem to be based on stats only.  I don't think Mize should be ahead of Jo Adell, and Paredes definitely doesn't belong ahead of guys like Dylan Carlson and X. Edwards.

23 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

I like both Callis and Mayo, but I don't think they do the top 100 rankings.  The rankings are absurd, and seem to be based on stats only.  I don't think Mize should be ahead of Jo Adell, and Paredes definitely doesn't belong ahead of guys like Dylan Carlson and X. Edwards.

If it's based on stats Luis Robert wouldn't be top 5.

33 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

I give them a lot more credit than that, re : their rankings. A lot depends on what happens the next month, but if Mize does not get back on the mound/healthy in that time, he probably drops a bit. And if Paredes does not find his power in the next month, he will surely move down the list, if not off it entirely.

17 minutes ago, irvink said:

I give them a lot more credit than that, re : their rankings. A lot depends on what happens the next month, but if Mize does not get back on the mound/healthy in that time, he probably drops a bit. And if Paredes does not find his power in the next month, he will surely move down the list, if not off it entirely.

How many 20 year olds in AA ball have a 29/31 BB/K ratio? Plus his BABIP is .286. With a 120 wRC+ I think he probably deserves a spot among the top 100 regardless. And he has hit two HRs in his last three games. Maybe he's not the next Miggy, but I still think the guy will hit well above average in MLB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeattleMike said:

How many 20 year olds in AA ball have a 29/31 BB/K ratio? Plus his BABIP is .286. With a 120 wRC+ I think he probably deserves a spot among the top 100 regardless. And he has hit two HRs in his last three games. Maybe he's not the next Miggy, but I still think the guy will hit well above average in MLB. 

That's fair. I've noticed that bb/k too. He has hit well for a 20 yr old in AA prospect. Only thing missing is power. I was not too worried about that either. I felt it would spike in the summer months and sounds like that is already starting. 

That said, his body sounds pretty bad. A 3b at best and possibly a 1b-man. He doesn't need to be Miggy, but he does not to hit for a decent amount of pop to be a top 100 guy at 1b.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

I'll take Mize over Jo Adell every day of the week.  

Same. Assuming this shoulder injury is minor, Mize really does have a beautifully high floor/ceiling combo. You could make an argument for the next handful of guys below him as more valuable, but I'm happy to have Mize.

• Like 1

Last year at Lakeland, Paredes had six HR's on July 1st.  He then hit six in July before moving up.  He might need a few months to adjust to the next level before the power comes on

1 hour ago, Lei Pong said:

Last year at Lakeland, Paredes had six HR's on July 1st.  He then hit six in July before moving up.  He might need a few months to adjust to the next level before the power comes on

I'm still high on "Easter". Easter Parades, that is.

15 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

He credits his plate patience to his mom, Rose Parades

22 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Yeah its a little early to crucify his AA power.