RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

Bojarski, Reyes and Rogers have hit nine HR's to lead the org....who will be the first to 10?

14 minutes ago, leflore said:

Bojarski actually hit his 10th a few days ago

No he didn't.

Just now, leflore said:

So then baseball america stats is wrong. They list him with 10 HR

It's the interwebz man, you can't trust anything you read.   Why just the other minute I saw someone call Shelton "nuanced".....

3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

It's the interwebz man, you can't trust anything you read.   Why just the other minute I saw someone call Shelton "nuanced".....

That might'of been sarcasm.  Or maybe not.

11 minutes ago, leflore said:

So then baseball america stats is wrong. They list him with 10 HR

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/37653/ulrich-bojarski/

that is odd, but the WhiteCaps official site says 9.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t582&player_id=672531#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

Whitecaps have had a ton of rain outs - did he hit one that got washed out with an unofficial game?

Looks like BA has him with 6 more at bats. Fangraphs also has him with 9 so BA must be wrong

Interesting...but...None of this addresses the real issue.  Why do we suck so badly at hitting HR's?

The two Bob's interview Lloyd McClendon...

Just now, Lei Pong said:

Interesting...but...None of this addresses the real issue.  Why do we suck so badly at hitting HR's?

Legendary Lloyd wrecks everything he touches.

OR

Al Avila stinks at drafting/signing raw material for Legendary Lloyd.

OR

Both.

Pick a side, try to be nuanced in your statement supporting your choice.

7 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Tigers are 15th of 15 in the AL, Toledo is 2nd to last in the IL,  Erie is 8th of 12 in the EL,  Lakeland is 6th of 12.

So the effect does seems to fade the farther guys get from Lloyd.

🙄

• Like 1

I read an article that totalled WAR for players drafted by teams going back to '05. Boston was head and shoulders above everyone. The Tigers I believe were 27th. You can't blame it all on giving up draft picks for FA signings and picking low because Det was good many of those years. Boston has been a better team and drafted much better. I blame it mostly on poor drafting and poor player development.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, Shelton said:

But Jules Posner said the tigers don’t scour the waiver wire. 

7th circuit assholes.

1 hour ago, diaspora04 said:

7th circuit assholes.

His response to an attorney saying “with all due respect” to him was pretty great. 

He also clapped back at a panel moderator that referred to him as a “justice.”

Toledo scores only one tonight but Candelario got the RBI with a single, also 2 Ks

Meanwhile at Reading, Erie holds on for 2-1 win. Feado(W,4-4) 6ip, 1ER(1HR), 5H, 1BB 10K. Scivicque 2/4, still at 347. No one else with more than 1 hit

Lakeland falls 4-3 to Daytona at home. Deatherage 2/4 with a HR, hitting streak now at 9 games. 

24 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Toledo scores only one tonight but Candelario got the RBI with a single, also 2 Ks

Meanwhile at Reading, Erie holds on for 2-1 win. Feado(W,4-4) 5ip, 1ER(1HR), 5H, 1BB 10K. Scivicque 2/4, still at 347. No one else with more than 1 hit

Lakeland falls 4-3 to Daytona at home. Deatherage 2/4 with a HR, hitting streak now at 9 games. 

Faedo went 6 innings. You must be reading the BA box score. :)

14 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Faedo went 6 innings. You must be reading the BA box score. :)

LOL. Thank-you Fixed it. I can't blame the source - I just picked up the hit column twice....

Fangraphs updated their prospect rankings.  Mize is 10th(2nd SP), Manning 40th and Greene 85th.   Cameron and Parades just missed the top 100 at 103 and 107 respectively.  

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Fangraphs updated their prospect rankings.  Mize is 10th(2nd SP), Manning 40th and Greene 85th.   Cameron and Parades just missed the top 100 at 103 and 107 respectively.  

Royce Lewis is #2? He's 20 at A+. His RC+ is 107. Paredes is 20 at AA with a RC+ of 114. Lewis is #2 and Paredes is #107. Paredes's ISO has been a disappointment this year, I admit. He's hitting more GBs than FBs this year, a new and unsettling trend. But his body of actual work, at the plate, has been superior to Lewis's, especially when you factor in age/level. And it's not as if Lewis is an elite defender. He's more athletic than Paredes, with better overall tools.. But I don't see how these two prospects are ranked 100 spots apart. I thought scouting, especially at places like FanGraphs, had ditched the "he looks better in his underwear" method years ago. 

10 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Royce Lewis is #2? He's 20 at A+. His RC+ is 107. Paredes is 20 at AA with a RC+ of 114. Lewis is #2 and Paredes is #107. Paredes's ISO has been a disappointment this year, I admit. He's hitting more GBs than FBs this year, a new and unsettling trend. But his body of actual work, at the plate, has been superior to Lewis's, especially when you factor in age/level. And it's not as if Lewis is an elite defender. He's more athletic than Paredes, with better overall tools.. But I don't see how these two prospects are ranked 100 spots apart. I thought scouting, especially at places like FanGraphs, had ditched the "he looks better in his underwear" method years ago. 

I assume they think he's more talented/has higher upside. I don't want a list that only goes by age and numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I assume they think he's more talented/has higher upside. I don't want a list that only goes by age and numbers. 

I agree, for the most part. But shouldn't the #3 (I placed him one spot higher than FanGraphs actually ranked him) prospect sport more than just potential to justify such a lofty ranking? I'd like to see a period of dominance before assigning such a ranking. Lewis's profile lacks that. He seems more like a guy who should be ranked 25 or so. If he profiled as an elite defender that would be one thing. But reviews on his defense are somewhat mixed. And I still don't think Lewis and Paredes should be 100 spots apart. 

still, SM has a point. What I would probably like to see is a separate set of rankings for each age. Guys who are 18 should be ranked based on their projections. The older a guy gets the more that ranking should depend on how far and fast he has advanced and what level he is actually performing at. I see limited value in having Riley Greene and Daz Cameron in the same list. If I am looking at 23 yr olds I want a list that tells me who has reached AAA and is most ready to play MLB ball, If I'm looking at 18 I'm still looking at a lottery ticket and I'm more interested in the possibilities than the present reality.

Candelario back for Toledo with Zimm on the bump. Erie game(Mize) is currently in a delay.

44 minutes ago, kdog said:

Candelario back for Toledo with Zimm on the bump. Erie game(Mize) is currently in a delay.

rain missed its target. It's supposed to fall on Zimmerman, not Mize.

Zimm out after 4.2 innings and 69 pitches...5 H, 4ER, 0BB, 6K, 2HR