RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

19 hours ago, Casimir said:

Lugo was also at 3B, for what its worth.

Lugo walked again last night. 3 in 2 games, after 9 in 123 games last year. Maybe he will change in approach.

30 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Lugo walked again last night. 3 in 2 games, after 9 in 123 games last year. Maybe he will change in approach.

Bottom of the 11th, tie game, bases loaded, two out.  LF Daniel Woodrow dropped a bunt down the 3rd base line and the Mud Hens are still undefeated.

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Bottom of the 11th, tie game, bases loaded, two out.  LF Daniel Woodrow dropped a bunt down the 3rd base line and the Mud Hens are still undefeated.

Lugo walking, the Tigers winning - then this - the Lloyd effect is everywhere!

3 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

It would shock me, I've lost all optimism for him developing.

In 4 seasons, he has only appeared in 358 games.  I think the injuries have stunted his progress.  However, he’s going to have to be really good to move Cameron to a corner OF spot (eventually).

The system has quantity more than quality right now and most of the high end guys are starting pitchers(high attrition rate). If they are still all in on a farm only organic rebuild it will take another 3-4 years of top notch player development and we don’t know if the Avila regime is capable.

Faedo with a strong start for Erie:

6 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 7 Ks, 0 BB. 73 pitches, 52 strikes, 13 swinging strikes.

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

Nice—no dingers!

4 hours ago, kdog said:

The system has quantity more than quality right now and most of the high end guys are starting pitchers(high attrition rate). If they are still all in on a farm only organic rebuild it will take another 3-4 years of top notch player development and we don’t know if the Avila regime is capable.

Oh go suck a pool noodle. You do not know what you’re talking about. Not one person who actually works for the organization has ever hinted at a “farm only” rebuild. Chris and Al have both mentioned, many times now, that the point of today is to spend tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Faedo, Mize and Manning all with very strong first starts. Encouraging!

44 minutes ago, thefunk said:

Oh go suck a pool noodle. You do not know what you’re talking about. Not one person who actually works for the organization has ever hinted at a “farm only” rebuild. Chris and Al have both mentioned, many times now, that the point of today is to spend tomorrow. 

That's going to be more difficult with the increasing trend of teams locking up their own players long term.  

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

That's going to be more difficult with the increasing trend of teams locking up their own players long term.  

You think every team's going to stop tanking at once?

14 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

You think every team's going to stop tanking at once?

Teams that stop tanking are not the only ones that sign free agents.  Teams that are already good sign them too.  I'm not saying they won't be able to sign anyone, just that it's going to be more difficult to sign good ones if they are all getting locked up by their own teams.  

Still doesn’t mean Tigers are going “farm only”. I expect they will buy at some point and it’ll be enough to contend in the central at least. And hey, just get in, right?

I would like to see the rebuild include more trickery, deceit and...if needed...shenanigans.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thefunk said:

Still doesn’t mean Tigers are going “farm only”. I expect they will buy at some point and it’ll be enough to contend in the central at least. And hey, just get in, right?

I want them to develop an outstanding team which contends for many years.  They won't go farm only. I don't know if any team has ever done that.  

1 hour ago, Neifi Perez said:

Does anyone know what Faedo's Fastball velocity was yesterday?  

Yes.

22 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Teams that stop tanking are not the only ones that sign free agents.  Teams that are already good sign them too.  I'm not saying they won't be able to sign anyone, just that it's going to be more difficult to sign good ones if they are all getting locked up by their own teams.  

Good point. But if teams are maxing their budget on internal players perhaps there will be fewer buyers for the free agents that are available. 

On 4/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, Tenacious D said:

Derek Hill, 3-5 (Erie)

I know I’m in the minority, but I still believe he can be good if he can stay healthy for 500 ab’s

and then 2-5

and then 3-5 with HR, 2B, 3 Rs, 5 RBIs

Only 3 games, but .533 is a good start

Mr. Faedo at 95 may be the best news outta the minors so far this year. 

• Like 2

👍

Yep, it's nice to see him regain velocity.   With him and Norris both throwing harder I'm thinking maybe it's not all the organization's fault they lost it.