RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

Oh, I know the faces but not the names.  The not-Loni Anderson character was just better looking.  But give me Ginger all day long . . .

56 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I was always a Blair---not a Jo.

Which is the opposite of my normal tastes, where I typically prefer the less glamorous, more down-to-earth type:

Maryann > Ginger

Betty > Veronica

Bailey > Jennifer

You are 3 for 3 on those.

25 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Oh, I know the faces but not the names.  The not-Loni Anderson character was just better looking.  But give me Ginger all day long . . .

Ginger over Mary Ann?  Thou dost blaspheme.

10 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

every time.  every day of the week and twice on sunday.  for 100%.  I could go on . . .

I suppose you prefer briefs to boxers, too, you charlatan.

Betty nd Veronica are the same girl with different hair.  Bailey over Jennifer, Maryanne over Ginger.   For fans of Canadian TV...on the sitcom  Corner Gas, Officer Karen Pelly over diner owner Lacey Burrows.

3 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Ginger over Mary Ann?  Thou dost blaspheme.

I remember when I was a kid watching the show, Ginger seemed to me this scary-looking old femme fatale who I found really weird and off-putting, while I swooned for Mary Ann who looked and acted basically like a teenager in the neighborhood.

Then, not long ago, I happened across the show for the first time in decades, saw Ginger, and I couldn't get over how young she looked to me, because I remembered how I thought about her way back when. And I thought: OK, now I get Ginger.

22 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Betty nd Veronica are the same girl with different hair.  Bailey over Jennifer, Maryanne over Ginger.   For fans of Canadian TV...on the sitcom  Corner Gas, Officer Karen Pelly over diner owner Lacey Burrows.

Karen over Lacey, definitely. Although was Lacey trying to be glamorous? I mean, I know she was from Toronto and everything, but I don't remember her trying to glam it up much.

Wanda had her moments, too, especially when she was quoting philosophy.

loni over jan smithers any day.  any.  day.

i guess i just like tits more than the rest of this board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about the Three's Company's Chicks?  I liked the nurse one that came on after Crissy left.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

loni over jan smithers any day.  any.  day.

i guess i just like tits more than the rest of this board.

Smithers had a nice body...and she was just so damn cute

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Karen over Lacey, definitely. Although was Lacey trying to be glamorous? I mean, I know she was from Toronto and everything, but I don't remember her trying to glam it up much.

Wanda had her moments, too, especially when she was quoting philosophy.

Lacey glamorous...not intentionally.  But in a town like Dog River I imagine the "glam bar" is pretty low

3 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

Smithers had a nice body...and she was just so damn cute

Ok, but boobs.

What flies under the radar about the Suarez for Simon trade is that we also gave up Jonathan Crawford for him.   Yeah Crawford didn't amount to anything but he was our first round pick just a few months prior.  In fact he was the 1st true first round pick we had had in 4 years and we just traded him right away along with Suarez.  

OK, yes, nobody could have predicted Suarez would be hitting like he is.

However, anybody could have predicted that Simon wouldn't have pitched like the two seasons prior to the Tigers acquiring him.

12 hours ago, gmoney said:

What about the Three's Company's Chicks?  I liked the nurse one that came on after Crissy left.

Jennilee Harrison?

I love watching Three's Company....  bouncy bouncy

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

OK, yes, nobody could have predicted Suarez would be hitting like he is.

However, anybody could have predicted that Simon wouldn't have pitched like the two seasons prior to the Tigers acquiring him.

Suarez hit pretty respectably in the minors and wasn't old.  He had an OPS+ of 85 as a 22 year old shortstop in the majors, which isn't great, but is far from terrible from such a young player.

I grant nobody saw 40 HR, but plenty saw him as someone who could stick in the majors.

It was a terrible trade from day 1, and am pretty sure the vast majority of posters here called that one right.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Suarez hit pretty respectably in the minors and wasn't old.  He had an OPS+ of 85 as a 22 year old shortstop in the majors, which isn't great, but is far from terrible from such a young player.

I grant nobody saw 40 HR, but plenty saw him as someone who could stick in the majors.

It was a terrible trade from day 1, and am pretty sure the vast majority of posters here called that one right.

I remember when the rumors started swirling on twitter, at first all it said was that we traded for a "Reds Starting Pitcher", I remember at first we all thought that it must have been Cueto or even Bailey(who I think was still good at that time), then somebody said "What if it's Alfredo Simon?" and we all laughed it off thinking there is no way that we'd trade for him.   Atleast this is the way I remember it.